Thread: Could find_DS_MENU.DAT

Could find_DS_MENU.DAT

I just bought a r4 ds for me and when I put on my ds the brand:
    Could find_DS-MENU.DAT.i am not very expert and I need to be guided if there are to manipulation.
    Thank you in advance.

do you still have your CD you got with it? If so you need that DS_Menu.DAT on the root of the sd card. (When I say root I mean the main page of your removable storage and NOT in any folder. You do this by copying and pasting it from the cd to your removable storage

Still confused? Well heres a list of all folders and files u need in order for your R4 to work:

_System_ (Folder) Within that folder is Ebook, themes, CHEAT.DAT,GBA frame and usercheat.dat

moonshl (folder) within that folder lies to many files to list. just refer to your cd and copy the whole of the "moonshl" folder to your removable storage (card)

DS_MENU.DAT This is a file not a folder
    _DS_MENU.SYS File not a folder
    _DS_MSHL.NDS File not a folder

Here you go. Good luck

Look up videos on Youtube ;]. they are really help full .

Below the steps for installing the R4:

1 - Put the microSD in the key usb
    2 - connect the USB key
    3 - the microSD format (preferably in FAT)
    4 - download this file (the latest version newer than on the installation CD): http://www.r4ds.com/soft/20-en.htm

5 - Decompress the file select it and make a copy and paste files (you just unpack) and you put on your microSD
    6 - Create (en +) a games folder on your microSD
    7 - save your games in this issue
    you cut the microSD and you shall put you in your R4 branches in your R4 and gazzzzzz your DS

http://www.r4ds.cn/download/r4_v1.18_kernel.htm

http://www.r4ds.cn/download/moonshell_1.6_r4.html (MoonShell version 1.71) and then click download1

if it is representative or R4 IIIc is that it

R4 for DS III

http://www.r4dsl.net/download-en.asp

1. Backup your previous version of R4 kernel. Create a temporary folder in your computer and copy DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MSHL.NDS and moonshl folder from the root directory of TF/memory card as a backup.
    2. Download the latest R4 revolution for DS kernel here. (last updated: version 1.14 2007-12-19 10:00:01).
    3. Extract R4English-1.14. rar file.
    4. Copy DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MSHL.NDS and moonshl folder to the root directory of your TF card to replace the former files.
    5. Switch ON your Nintendo DS and check your R4 revolution version in the main screen.
    6. You can play your desire game now.
    7. Congratulations! You're done!

vdodger1 Guest

Re: Could find_DS_MENU.DAT

Help me please!!!! I have just gotten three R4 for xmas presents -I want to set them up before I give them to family!!! I did not get a CD with them because it said that could get everything I needed on the website!!

I went to the official website to download the files required. I downloaded r4_v1.18_kernel and moonshell folder and _DS_MSHL.NDS and my Ds says it can not find the menu.dat - am I wrong in thinking that the system file and menu.dat should be in the v1.18 - I hope this is not confusing because I am starting to loss it!!! I need someone to tell me what I need exactly and possible where each item is!! I have pretty much tried every download on the R4 website and nothing!!!! Please Help!!!

make sure damenu.dat is on the micro sd card. im pretty sure there is a read me file on the r4 disc. i dont think dsmenu.dat should be in a folder so check if it is

The r4ds may come either as a blank card, or as one with vital data already loaded into it. This depends on where you got the card.
    If it seys that the ds_menu.dat is missing, try going to the r4ds's homepage (www.r4ds.com), click on "english" at the top left of the screen. then, go to the downloads tab.
    Click on the newest kernal (which I suppose is 1.18 right now, the one I have), and download it. When you get it, unzip everything inside it.

Plug your r4 microsd into the computer (may require additional attachment), and open its file.
    Then, take your games (preferably in a convenient "Games" folder within the r4 chip), and temporarily move them somewhere safe.

If you already have most vital parts, and are missing just a few, you can see how the new kernal resembles the one you have. Copy everything from the new kernal you just downloaded and paste it in the same place where the one in your chip is (basicaly, the ROOT). Replace all files. (Note: if you didn't have these, and just have an empty card, you just copy and paste without the whole replacement bit)

Take your game folder and reinstitute them back at the ROOT.
    Remove your chip 9following safety procedures)....Plug it into the blank cartridge...plug that into the DS...turn on the ds...and there you go! it should work now

See this video :How to Put Games on your R4 Nintendo DS
    Hope this help you .

vdodger1 Guest

Okay I have got the 4 files now after I unpacked the rar file, but now it is saying that the games are not supported in a zip file

vdodger1 Guest

Nevermind!!!Duh!!! I got it!!! Thanks for the help!!

Glad to help you !