Thread: Adjusting voltage with Rivatuner

Adjusting voltage with Rivatuner

I am trying to monitor voltage modification on my HD4850 using Rivatuner v2.24. The VT1103.dll plugin is facilitated in Setup but I cannot get the voltage graph. I am familiar with my card switches from 2D to 3D in view of the fact that I have modded my bios. I presently desire to monitor those voltages and create certain what I am setting is working properly. I have searched the forum along with a google search regarding this topic with no avail.

Re: Adjusting voltage with Rivatuner

You are not invented to regulate voltage with such hardware. From profiles.xml you be able to put voltages for gpu that are unwavering in bios, at smallest amount for 4870/x2 (1.35 was highest for x2) with Rivatuner you be able to go higher than that and perhaps volt memory too I assume you to reach limits without volt modes those. The ATT determine to merely permit you to adjust voltages in the range obtainable in the BIOS.

The innovative versions determine to expand supported VRMs and display adapters register, the next VRM you are going to hold up is L6788A (used on AMD RADEON 4770 and 5770 series). You determine to in addition run on supporting innovative VRMs for additional custom design MSI display adapters with custom voltage regulators. On the other hand, please do not expect this function to be added for several display adapter model you desire. To get it running display adapter must be equipped with programmable VRM. And the preponderance of reference design AMD/NVIDIA display adapters with programmable VRMs are previously supported.

Are you completely certain regarding reference 5850 cards being softmodable. The first pictures designate that there are no VT1165 chips on the PCB, here's a consummate close-up. On the additional hand, Asus is sustained and maintained to release an overclocking tool of their own with the capability to increase the voltage of (probably merely their) 5870 and 5850 cards - but you might be extremely surprised if they used a custom PCB right after Cypress launch.

Is it 4870 or 4770. By no means heard regarding 4870 with this VRM onboard. Or is it a convention design card from a number of vendors similar to ASUS. Anyway no, it determines not to run in the present version. But you are going to add L6788A hold up (it is used on reference design 4770 and 5770 cards) in prospect versions. So it determines to add voltage control hold up for reference design 4770 and 5770 series. So if your card is 4770 then yes, it determines to run. If that's a convention card from additional vendor, then no promises on that.

Essentially it's not XFX convention design of 4870, it's representative ATI cost down design which merely few AIB make a decision to take (most of AIB has their own convention design by the time ATI release this design). And superior news is that this ATI cost down design of 4870 uses L6788A as PWM, so when Afterburner hold up L6788A PWM of 4770 & 5770, I imagine it be able to hold up this XFX 4870 in addition.