Thread: What is difference between write() and writeline()?

What is difference between write() and writeline()?

I am new(beginner) in this vast programming language world. Right now i am learning the programming language like C sharp, C++, Java and SQL. This days, i am practicing programs in C sharp using Microsoft .Net software. I have query regarding the c sharp programming that what is difference between Console.Write() and Console.Writeline() function? Please help me.

Re: What is difference between write() and writeline()?

This really confusion for those who are beginner/new to programming world. I would say that the "Write()" is function that writes the data to a sequential file. And the data written with write() function is usually read from a file with Input. Whereas, when WriteLine() function is use to insert a newline character (that is, a carriage return/line feed, or Chr(13) + Chr(10)), once the final character is written in the Output to the file. Always writing to a file with the Write() or WriteLine() function requires append access from the FileIOPermissionAccess enumeration.

Firstly would say that there is 19 overloads on .WriteLine() function and only 18 on .Write() function. Always note that the overloaded method will have the same name, but it will always have different parameters. The overload can be either with different type's of parameters, different number's of parameters, or maybe both of them. Hope you will be able to understand write and writeline functions.

Actually, both the write and writeline function are similar, but differs also that much only. The Write() function needs the system namespace to be included at the starting of program to get the fully qualified name. Also note that Write() function will not append any newline at the end of the Console, whereas writeline function does. Whenever you call WriteLine() function with no parameters, it writes a newline only, but this not allow in write() function.

According to me, the write and writeline functions differs a lot from each other. They both are used for different purpose and reasons, and the action taken by them are also different. The write() method or function is used to print the output and at end of it the pointer/cursor will be on same line and not next line, whereas when we use the writeline() method or function after printing the mentioned data, it will go to the next line (the cursor/pointer will goto nextline).

The write and writeline are the methods which are located inside the console class in C sharp. This both method are used for writing the data/information on the output screen, but they both work in different method. The write method is used when we don't know what we require to output in advance. The writeline method is used when want to write several values on a single line to the Console. One more difference is that write method will not newline. but the writeline method will go to newline at the end. Hope your problem will be fix.