Thread: Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Video Game

Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Video Game

Available since April 29 last, Grand Theft Auto IV will once again scored minds. Title of all superlatives, the game Rockstar has obviously benefited from its sulphurous reputation for its success, but versions Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 are undoubted successes in gameplay very effective. An efficiency that we obviously slow to find on a PC.

The PC is not forgotten by Rockstar is a clear message that developers of the new Grand Theft Auto IV were keen to get. Our guests have insisted that the series was first born on the PC before migrating to consoles show. However, no question of revolution for the PC version of the game: it is exactly the same way with the same operation, the same mechanisms, the same gameplay. As a result, no question for us to make a real preview, reading a test Playstation 3 / Xbox 360 is largely enough to know everything about the adventures of Niko Bellic.

We therefore focus here on changes made by developers and primarily on technical changes. If everybody does not have a powerful PC, it remains clear that many players have far more efficient machines that next gen console. As a result, Rockstar account exploit this extra power to make the whole more successful. There is no question of any remake, but rather to make some keys for the player feel better. The distance display has been increased along with the available resolutions.

Especially visible during the pursuit sequences, this additional depth helps to take the game to make a little more in the atmosphere. On the resolutions, nothing very original, but Rockstar has reworked its title so that it operates up to 2560x1600 for an overall purpose. Even finding the level of certain textures and some special effects that take advantage of advanced features some graphics cards. However, no comment about the implementation of related features DirectX 10.

The developers are also remained fairly vague on controllers compatible. It is of course possible to play the keyboard / mouse and joystick Xbox 360 will be managed. However, for other builders levers Thursday, things are less clear. Less clear as the limits of the multiplayer mode and then on consoles that we are limited to 16 players simultaneously, Rockstar has to go further, but still seems to hesitate between 24 and 32 players for the maximum. The regulars of online gaming will appreciate against by the availability of new options for networking parts.

In particular, he discussed "filters" to fall on parts multi-line correspond more to what we seek. Rockstar operates by the possibility of the PC in navigation in servers game against a developer did not wish to enter into the details of game modes for this first contact with the PC version. An initial contact has been limited to an attack by bank perfectly executed by our host. Nothing to say about the fluidity of the game, even if all was not as graphically speaking worked as we would have liked.

Grand Theft Auto IV on the PC should not disappoint fans of the series and especially the last parts. Rockstar seems to have appporté improvements which, if not many, are interesting and we believe particularly in regard to all the multiplayer mode. The output is therefore scheduled for next November and count on us to talk to you very quickly and details including the already famous replay mode: it is "remember" the last 30 seconds Thursday to power revise them when you want, edit, remove pictures and mount them to achieve some short films. A title that is obviously necessary to follow with great attention and it proves (taking into account the success of gaming consoles, Rockstar did not "need" of the PC) that despite the rhetoric, the PC platform is far from dead.

The visual enhancements, GTA4 also offers an impressive replay mode. The game always records the last 30 seconds of whatever you do, and at any moment you can tap a button on the keyboard to capture a video clip. You're then able to edit together these clips in a montage editor and export your own home videos to Rockstar's Social Club website.

Running at a maximum resolution of 2560x1600, the game's PC port offers all sorts of visual enhancements over its console counterparts, from a further draw distance to higher-res textures.

• Genre :Action
    • Play modes : Solo Internet
    • Number of players : Up to 16 players
    • Developer : Rockstar Games
    • Publisher : Rockstar Games
    • Distributor : Take-Two Interactive
    • US Exit : Fall 2008

OMG strongly the end of the year, I imagine that it must give a 2560x1600 ...

You still confuse the depth of field with distance ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

the PC version of GTA have always been better than their counterparts console (no loading, better gameplay, aim system more accurate and faster, completely changed, optimized, etc.)

hope that this version does not make exceptions to the rule

Recommended configuration for GTA IV on PC

Published this weekend on the site Games for Windows, the recommended configuration for Grand Theft Auto IV PC was eventually withdrawn. As a result, difficult to be categorical about the veracity of the following information, but say they give at least a small idea of what to expect.

You will note in particular the large amount of disk space that the game Rockstar will ask to be installed on our PC while the graphics subsystem it remains relatively modest, despite a lack of precision level shaders. Coming November 18.

Recommended configuration
    • Windows XP Service Pack 2
    • Intel Pentium D or higher
    • 2 GB of RAM
    • 18 gigabytes of disk space
    • DVD dual-layer
    • 512 MB graphics card supports DirectX 9 (with shader) or DirectX 10

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Video Game

Guys, don't buy the PC version.

After playing it once, it broke my NVIDIA 8800GT card - fried it completely. I had to request a video card replacement from the manufacturer. The RMA is being processed, but that left me without a desktop computer for 1 week so far.

To add insult to injury, Take Two Interactive never responded to my technical support requests, EVEN AFTER, telling them that their software broke my card. Furthermore, I *can't* uninstall the game, some stupid SecuROM errors.

This Take Two Interactive is a scam.

Please don't buy this software.

Anybody want to join in to file a Class Action suit against Take Two Interactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Ness View Post
    Guys, don't buy the PC version.

After playing it once, it broke my NVIDIA 8800GT card - fried it completely. I had to request a video card replacement from the manufacturer. The RMA is being processed, but that left me without a desktop computer for 1 week so far.

To add insult to injury, Take Two Interactive never responded to my technical support requests, EVEN AFTER, telling them that their software broke my card. Furthermore, I *can't* uninstall the game, some stupid SecuROM errors.

This Take Two Interactive is a scam.

Please don't buy this software.

Anybody want to join in to file a Class Action suit against Take Two Interactive?
    I too had problems playing this game with my 9800 gtx graphics card. And I am way too pissed off restarting my pc again and again while playing this game, glad that my specs are in one piece though, nothing broken yet, but as for a safety I will try not to play this game till a solution comes or let this game die in hell and this comment is for all GTA 4 pc version developers. See my thread here: GTA IV Sucks, Rockstar Sucks (PC version)

iamgame Guest

The best thing about the game is that it's available for just Rs. 499. Throw away just that amount of money, and the original copy of GTA IV is yours, along with a couple of goodies that come bundled in the box.

I play it on my NVIDIA 9800 GT without problems.

Wow! Great The Game In High Score Of Year,,, Must Play In Pc's....

Quote Originally Posted by iamgame View Post
    The best thing about the game is that it's available for just Rs. 499. Throw away just that amount of money, and the original copy of GTA IV is yours, along with a couple of goodies that come bundled in the box.

I play it on my NVIDIA 9800 GT without problems.
    completely agree with you 499 is not a big price for such a high quality game .........

alfredbond Guest

We all know the game. It's Grand Theft Auto 4. Enough has been said about the game itself, love it or hate it. The PC version could have been great, but it's crippled by poorly optimized code and forced bloatware. My PC lets me run any game I want. Most modern games run at 720p, 60 frames-per-second, 4xAA on my 46" HDTV. This includes Fallout 3 and Dead Space. Other games, like Far Cry 2 are more taxing, but I still manage to crank out a solid 30 frames-per-second. GTA4, simply put, performs horribly. I am only getting 15 to 20 FPS on average. I can't picture someone without a hardcore gaming PC getting anything close to a playable experience with it.

iamgame Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alfredbond View Post
    We all know the game. It's Grand Theft Auto 4. Enough has been said about the game itself, love it or hate it. The PC version could have been great, but it's crippled by poorly optimized code and forced bloatware. My PC lets me run any game I want. Most modern games run at 720p, 60 frames-per-second, 4xAA on my 46" HDTV. This includes Fallout 3 and Dead Space. Other games, like Far Cry 2 are more taxing, but I still manage to crank out a solid 30 frames-per-second. GTA4, simply put, performs horribly. I am only getting 15 to 20 FPS on average. I can't picture someone without a hardcore gaming PC getting anything close to a playable experience with it.
    Quite true. The play runs fine on my PC also, but is marginally slow than it should be, given I can play many other 'resource taxing' games as well.