Thread: GameCube controller is not working on Wii

GameCube controller is not working on Wii

Well couple of days before I have purchased Nintento Gamecube Remote for the Wii a week ago. I wanted to play the Super Smash Brothers Melee on the Wii of mine. However I have noticed that this particular device is not working at all. Let me know if your are having the same problem which I have mentioned over here. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: GameCube controller is not working on Wii

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I want to let you know that you should connect the device at the right port. As far as I know the nearest port would be port number 1. I am also having the same controller and it seems to be working fine for the downloaded games. Also you have to see that if you have plugged GC controller which is connected to the N64 games and it would need ‘Classic Controller’ but after pressing A or staring the game several times you will be able to load the game on the computer without having any issue.

Yes you are the GC controller seems to be working fine with the N64 games. However you will not be able to use this particular device with super mario bros wii. You can only use the wii remote by itself. I let you know that the game would need the motion controls so that you can have some of the features while playing the game. if the motion controls features is not available then I let you know that the gamecube controller would not work at all.

Well looking at the thing which you have mentioned I think the Gamecube controller would not navigate to the Wii menu. According to me you need to use the Wii remotes to get the GameCube game and then you should plugin to the GameCube controller. Another possible reason which might be the root cause that is the controller itself might not be working at all. So you need to test the controller on another console and see whether you are getting the desire output or not.

I wanted to share something which would be useful to meet the requirement of yours. Well I let you know that the GC controller will have support for the game which is having support for this particular device. Also you should try with the another controller and see whether it is working or not. It would help you to find out whether is an issue with the port or the device itself. So you should do the same and let me know about the above mentioned thing.

I am highly suspecting that you have purchased defective piece from the shop. So I recommend that you should contact the official service center and claim for the replacement warranty. Well you need to see that your device not having the physical damage if that is the situation then you will not able to claim the replacement warranty. Also you should carry the invoice details while visiting the official service center of this particular device.