• Tata Nano

6 42.86%
  • Electric car

8 57.14%

Thread: Tata Nano or Electric car

Tata Nano or Electric car

Will you buy a Tata Nano? or you will go with a Electric car

Electric car

An electric car is a type of alternative fuel car that utilizes electric motors and motor controllers instead of an internal combustion engine . The electric power is usually derived from battery packs in the vehicle

In general terms an electric car is a rechargeable battery electric vehicle. Other examples of rechargeable electric vehicles are ones that store electricity in ultracapacitors, or in a flywheel.

Vehicles using both electric motors and other types of engine are known as hybrid electric vehicles and are not considered pure electric vehicles (EVs) because they operate in a charge-sustaining mode. Hybrid vehicles with batteries that can be charged externally to displace are called plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), and are pure battery electric vehicles (BEVs) during their charge-depleting mode. Electric vehicles include automobiles, light trucks, and neighborhood electric vehicles.

The project to create the world's cheapest production car began in 2003, under the Chairman of Tata Motors, Ratan Tata, inspired by the number of Indian families with two-wheeled rather than four-wheeled transport. The Nano's development has been tempered by the company's success in producing the low cost 4 wheeled Ace truck in May 2005.

Tata Nano Technical specifications

According to Tata Group's Chairman Ratan Tata, the Nano is a 33 PS (33 hp/24 kW) car with a 623 cc rear engine and rear wheel drive, and has a fuel economy of 4.55 L/100 km (21.97 km/L, 51.7 mpg (US), 62 mpg (UK)) under city road conditions, and 3.85 L/100 km on highways (25.97 km/L, 61.1 mpg (US), 73.3 mpg (UK)). It is the first time a two-cylinder non-opposed petrol engine will be used in a car with a single balancer shaft.Tata Motors has reportedly filed 34 patents related to the innovations in the design of Nano, with powertrain accounting for over half of them. The head of Tata Motors' Engineering Research Centre, Girish Wagh has been credited with being one of the brains behind Nano's design

i think i will go with Electric car, coz they are giving me more mileage than tata nano . the speed O meter is same they can go till 60 or 80 , NaNo 70 to 90 as per there saying, we will see what is coming if it can run on highway ? for time Electric car is the best
    the cost is more but at least im getting a good mileage .
    Dell C610 PIII 1Ghz
    Docking station
    DLink Radio
    Codi DC/DC adaptor

Tato Nano is much cheaper in any case than that electric car

I won't buy any of these cars I prefer public transport!

What is the electric car !!?? Is it like the electric bikes that are existing, which need batteries to run for? Such bikes have low energy holding capacity and so cannot be used for whole day long continiously, in fact only for 5-7 hours. If an electric car comes and it also has such a type of limitations then it will be of no use. Tata Nano will be better than that.

Its not like that. If that is an electric car that will surely have better energy saving capacity. The manufacturers will definitely take care of the factor that you are worried about. They will not launch any such car which will not be of much use

I will go for TATA NANO. It's small and cool looking Car.

Nano .
    i would go for Electirc car Specially Reva - top speed: 65 kmph, range: 80 km. India's first electric car (EV), produced by the Maini Group.

Dr. V Guest
    i would go for Electirc car Specially Reva - top speed: 65 kmph, range: 80 km. India's first electric car (EV), produced by the Maini Group.
    Reva Electric Car Co

These guys have been around for quite some time, though their little car never picked up sales. Reva Electric has manufactured a total of 2500 cars in 7 years - out of which 700 were sold in London as the G-Wiz.

In India, the running cost of the latest Reva, the Revai, is 40 paise per kilometer. (100 paise = 1 rupee, 43 rupees = 1 USD). The Revai has a claimed maximum speed of 80 kmph (50 mph) and a range of 80 kms too. After tests in Europe showed the Reva to be very unsafe, the company claims that the car has been strengthened. In Europe anyway it comes in the quadracycle category which means they do not have to pass carcrash safety tests.

In New Delhi, after concessions from the central and state governments, the Revai electric car now costs Rs 2.99 lakh in New Delhi, otherwise it woud put you back by Rs 3.49 lakhs. No wonder it does not sell much, at that price, one can easily buy a Santro or an Alto and get a much more powerful car that carries 4 adults in comfort.

Seating Capacity: 2 Adults & 2 Children below 12 years
    Payload: 227 Kgs
    Top Speed: 80 kmph
    Charge Time: 80% charge in 2.5 hrs, 100% charge in 8 hrs
    Availability: Now

The Reva NXG, a concept, shows promise with vastly improved speed, charge time and range. However, yu will have to wait till those features make their way into a standard Reva electric car you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    My friend showed me today Electric car's pics and I was like . So definitely I would buy this car if I get the chance.