Thread: Windows 7 cannot see internal card reader

Windows 7 cannot see internal card reader

I have bought a multi-function device to fill up a blank 5.25 inch bay in my case. I required one through a card reader that can read CF cards as of my DSLR camera. The primary one, a cheaply-built Chinese MFD that had a number of front ports which includes USB, FireWire, HD audio, eSATA, fan controller, and temp probes. The whole thing worked apart from the card reader. So I bought one more cheaply-built Chinese MFD but with dissimilar brand/model. Again the similar thing that the card reader does not function. In reality, I cannot obtain it to even illustrate as a device in Control Panel. I have obtained the newest USB drivers installed as of Gigabyte but Windows does not observe the device. I have attempted to plug it into all 3 accessible USB ports on the MB. When I reboot the PC then it is not "identified" by Windows. I have checked the USB settings within BIOS (F5) again and the whole thing is set properly. I am irritated by this problem but have run out of thoughts. I do have an exterior USB card reader which functions well but I required staying desktop clutter to a smallest. Is there anybody who has some idea about this? I cannot assign the right drivers at it if Windows7 does not see it in the primary place.

Re: Windows 7 cannot see internal card reader

There may be some problem with the Windows 7 that you have installed in your system. If there are some of the files that are corrupted or missing from that then you may get the issues like this. To confirm that, you need to repair the operating system that is installed in your computer. This will create all the missing or the corrupted files again and there is possibility that repairing the system can solve the issue.

You can try to insert the card in the slot because it is possible that it may only show it in the operation. You can try one thing that you can clear your CMOS and check if that help you to detect the internal card reader or not. I am not very sure that it will work but there is no harm to give this one try and see if that helps you or not. I wish that this will solve the issue for you.

There may be loose connection of the internal card reader to your motherboard. You should check that connection and if you feel that it is lose then you can remove that connection and connect that again. This time confirm that you are having the tight connection of it. If you feel that the cable that is used is corrupted then you can also try to change that cable with a new one and see if it solves the problem for you. Thank you.