Thread: Motherboard (P67A-GD65) hanging

Motherboard (P67A-GD65) hanging

Originally, I put on the desk next five hours and plugged. It worked very well except at the beginning was (and continues to give) me an error saying "no hard drive detected", but otherwise I could not be more true, as I found to my hard drive when you load the operating system, Windows 7. Then they tested it that night with Starcraft II and worked very well without minor errors, nothing. The next day, I get all my games / programs on it, like Skype. This is where things started to strangers. In Borderlands, everything went very smoothly and without problems, however, when I started Civilization V, after playing for about an hour, he froze. My fan and paste came yesterday and applies, make my super-cooled CPU stabilize at a maximum of 50 C at full load and 25 to 30 C idle. The hottest component is now the GPU, which usually hits 65-70 C at full load. At this point, I realized "great, I've been out cold for 2 days, retest it," so I played two league matches of the legends of the night before (about 1.5 hours) through Skype and froze.

Re: Motherboard (P67A-GD65) hanging

I just tested independently each of the sticks of RAM, together approved with success. Unluckily, I have right of entry to another power source that can be used, but I might be able within a week or two. I am currently trying an attractive idea, I read somewhere that the more RAM sticks you put in your computer except the motherboard knows what to do (or something like that), so it ends by taking to lose tension. Anyway, I'm testing this theory, but so far it is working. I have only one stick 4 GB of RAM and everything that goes so far.

Well, I'm in a bit of a loss on how to recommend what to do. Seems it wants to enable XMP in BIOS. It must be able to configure it manually however, to accomplish the same thing. As a 'Link', the Advance Settings DRAM Command Rate to 2, times seem to be fine as it is, 9 9 9 24, set DRAM V. s. 1.65v 'If that fails, Patriot has some explaining to do. I suppose to do. There have been some beta BIOS revisions have dealt with a number of compatibility issues with RAM. If I remember correctly, at least one Patriot was mentioned in the change log. What BIOS version you're running? Tab motherboard CPU-Z or "System Information" should tell what BIOS version is installed.

Okay, another update - I updated the settings exactly as you told me two stick of RAM (time of command to 2 T and voltage 1.65V), the screen froze when doing my weight out starting after booting. I'll admit I still have to deal with a stick, since it seems to work perfectly in automatic configuration. Now I'm going to check the RAM slots to ensure that all work (as well as each stick of RAM). If everything works fine with one stick, although I put the groove in the stick I use, I suspect a BIOS problem?

After resetting CMOS, I must return to update the BIOS or should I go? And I understand you reset the CMOS will do and how, but. For me it would remove the battery and I'm not nervous to send my BIOS back to the Stone Age, unless absolutely necessary. I just checked, and for some reason, only one stick of RAM work on my desktop at a time. I tried both sticks in different positions, and the team is stable (in terms of three tests). However, if I put two sticks on the points I just tested (slots 2 and 4), stability goes down the crapper.

Establishment of XMP in his case actually reduces performance RAM, and that changed the Command Rate of which is the default of 1 to 2 (CPU-Z Reply # 4 screenshot shows CR, 1). It is an increase in the accounts of the CPU speed for the famous "run faster". Some recent reports of CPU failures are occurring BMI. Before declaring the CPU as the culprit, it is almost imperative for you to get a kit of RAM with DDR3 1333 standard profiles SPD programmed to test. Try the beta version which is connected to a power once again clear CMOS after the flash. Be sure to return all settings to the "before" flashing.

Meanwhile, I recommend getting a ticket to MSI tech support immediately. They may not be aware of the problems specific RAM you have. Once again, the BIOS may not help if the BMI CPU causing the problem. If you are willing to wait and use a stick for a while, then yes, wait for a new BIOS version, or try to locate and a friend or a relative standard DDR3 1333 kit to test.