Thread: Unable to Voltage rise in MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard

Unable to Voltage rise in MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard

Lately I have voltage around 1.385v in bios 4.8MHz overclocking, but under load will increase to 1.440v, what is this MSI? I have gotten a bit with a lot of options to try to stop this sudden voltage rise; also I got the same results for most of the options to change. For MSI many of the forums are not following the specifications VRD 12. Me and another user has been having a discussion about this hard over OCN, here's the thread. Hope you can help.
    Below is the configuration of my system with latest version 1.B
    • i5 2500k 4.7MHz
    • MSI P67A-GD65
    • G.Skill 1333MHz 8GB
    • MSI GTX 460 768MB
    • Windows 7 64bit
    • OCZ 550W FATAL1TY

Re: Unable to Voltage rise in MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard

After reading your query it seems to be normal behavior in sand bridge systems. Here, a B2, B3, and Z68 do / did. The voltage varies with different loads on its end use. That is probably why the recommendation of the higher CPU V. limit set in the BIOS as s. 1.400v 'When the peak or maximum stays below the Intel specification for the absolute maximum.

If you ask me than I would like to let you know that it is not normal for the bridge systems of sand. It can be normal systems built in Sandy Bridge MSI motherboards also with other manufacturers. Systems based on ASUS or Gigabyte motherboards, control or load line calibration vdroop (LLC) must be set up to see the increase in vcore. I found it in my P67A-GD65 and I can’t disable it. It is like the vdroop control is always at "high". Plates from other manufacturers, whether or LLC vdroop control is off, the vcore slightly decrease as the peak load (as specified by Intel). In low to moderate or control settings vdroop LLC, drops or decrease the vcore is the same at all loads. Its only the highest values overvolting occurs in the load.

The fact "FUD" seems directed at three motherboards, one B2, B3 one and a Z68 all have worked in the same way, regardless of the version of the BIOS in the most probable as planned. If it is "improper operation, such statements should be clarified and supported with documented evidence, not because a brand X & Y makes it different. Perhaps MSI will not want these options to be disabled or messed with. For those who present the tickets, please send the reply to Technical Support.

As far as I am concerned there are at least two other outstanding issues that a software solution that's right - the subject of this thread and Control Center Green Power buttons causing cells. I understand that the mods desire to focus on the issues can be resolved by good, maintaining the specifications, understanding what is / Is not overclocking, etc., but please recognize that MSI sometimes have problems really should be corrected. The hardware is really high quality, but the BIOS and the software could be much better.

I have personally experienced that the vdroop control MSI is working exactly as intended. But the setback is that the two options I have, "Auto" and "low vdroop" both operate out of specification from Intel. For overclocking high, is required to operate outside the control voltage specifications as it would be so far from the specifications of the clock. But overclocking mild / moderate or even stock clocks should not be an option to disable vdroop control that makes off-spec overvolting occurs. These processors are grouped to be able to operate at speeds advertised, even with the voltage drop across the load.

There is nothing we can do about the BIOS, you need to contact MSI and explain the problem. They write the BIOS, not us here in the forum. They are not worried Abit, ASUS, Gigabyte MB, MSI etc. The problem for spreading FUD view is that leads people to believe that this malfunction is normal. I know that the advice of other manufacturers is not of interest here. I just brought them as an example of how the vdroop control should work. Of course, Intel only specifies that vdroop at full load should occur, not how to apply a vdroop setting function. That said, each manufacturer can define different vdroop control and ours may be working as expected MSI. But that does not change the fact that none of our options allow us to disable execution of MSI vdroop control and allow the board to work with Intel vdroop as specified