Thread: Converting Thunderbird (mbox) to Outlook (pst)

Converting Thunderbird (mbox) to Outlook (pst)

Actually thing is that I want to convert Thunderbird email to Outlook. I have done some sort of search related that but result that I have got is not that good. The thing is that I have to reconstruct the folders in the outlook express and after that I have convert the mboxs to emails one by one and after that I have place the outlook express. This solution is working but takes much longer time for doing this. Is there any other better software for converting Thunderbird (mbox) to Outlook (pst).

Re: Converting Thunderbird (mbox) to Outlook (pst)

From what I know, Mail can import just emails from Outlook. Just use the File / Import Mailboxes. It is of course that on the Mac Microsoft database is present. In all cases this is true for BAL from the Outlook on the Mac. If these messages from a PC, it remains to be seen on the PC, there is a way to export the mailbox, or simply place the Outlook database from PC to Mac.

Outlook Express is not supported. Outlook Express files' may be transferred is Into Supported versions of Outlook, And Then Converted by W2M. You Must we do the Importing your Apple computer Yourself - Will O2M export & convert your Outlook data, goal Since it's a Windows program, will not it move the data Into your Macintosh programs for you.

Some mbox vcard (rfc2426), and ical (rfc2445) features are not supported by outlook and apple's mail, address book, ical programs, so transferring data between applications thesis sometimes requires translation from one type of data to another. If find data in outlook o2m that cannot be exported directly to a data type supports apple that, it will try to convert the data to the data type available that might be supported.

I have not read any cons by referring to versions other than Outlook version, which does not mean that it works for all versions. (Americans often tend to forget the rest of the world it said without malice, but it is a simple observation). Another contradiction, but probably not very important, it says on one page that the software should not be applied to more than 5,000 messages at once, or you may experience problems, and some lines further, they claim to have tested the software on tens of thousands of messages without a hitch.

The thing that seems most important is that it is advised not to import into Mail or Thunderbird on mbox with a very long name or whose name contains special characters such as it will rename the mbox in advance. There is a 30-day demo, this demo limits the import / export to 50 messages a time. The shareware version is of course limitless. Because if this software actually works well, even on a Outlook is appealing.

For transfer of mails with the demo, I have not tested course, but I wonder if it is not possible to prepare a file that contains 50 messages, transfer, and then the next move, replace the 50 more messages? Unless the publisher, not crazy either, I put parades to force users to buy the full version. And forwarded messages are correct, texts. To retrieve mail from Hotmail, some have succeeded, more or less well, with or HTTPMail with FreePOPs but mostly it's the galley; some have had the disorder and have had trouble supprimmer HTTPMail thereafter