Thread: Extract photos from DVD

Extract photos from DVD

Hello friends, I need someone to help me with the solution on how to extract photos from DVD. Actually, one of my friends has made a slideshow of the images of our group. I am not able to understand how to separate the images individually. Is there an software for going about with this technique.

My computer us running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system. So, if there is a software for working out with the same, so please let me know about it, such that it must work properly in this operating system.

Re: Extract photos from DVD

Inorder to extract photos from DVD, you will have to get a particular software called DGMPGDec. After that, follow the steps that are given below:
    1. When the DVD with the slideshows is played, you need to browse the VOB files in it.
    2. After that, load DGIndex.exe.
    3. Next, go to file and then, select Open.
    4. Now the particular VOB file needs to be selected.
    5. A window will be opened and you have to click on OK after that.
    6. Then, you have to scroll the progress bar in the center and the ">" button has to for about 25 times.
    7. Now, the file has to be saved with the option of Demux Video.

This must do the trick.

One has to remember that to work out with the above mentioned method to extract photos from DVD in the Windows 7 operating system, the latest version of the particular software has to be used. There are 2 reasons for this:

One is that the software will be surely compatible with the operating system.

Another is that you will able to use all the new features that are provided in the new version.

Hello there, before using any software to extract photos from DVD, make sure to run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system after you have installed it. With its help, you will be able to know if this software is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system or not. Thus, you can be assured that you will not face any problems with it in the future.

Well, even if the software to extract photos from DVD has incompatibility problems with the Windows 7 operating system, there is no need to worry about the same. This is because a solution has been released for it, that is the compatibility tools. When this tool for the particular software is installed before the installation of the software, all the compatibility settings that are required to run this software will be done in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.D View Post
    Inorder to extract photos from DVD, you will have to get a particular software called DGMPGDec. After that, follow the steps that are given below:
    1. When the DVD with the slideshows is played, you need to browse the VOB files in it.
    2. After that, load DGIndex.exe.
    3. Next, go to file and then, select Open.
    4. Now the particular VOB file needs to be selected.
    5. A window will be opened and you have to click on OK after that.
    6. Then, you have to scroll the progress bar in the center and the ">" button has to for about 25 times.
    7. Now, the file has to be saved with the option of Demux Video.

This must do the trick.
    Hello again friends, this solution has worked out for me to extract photos from DVD. Well, I need to thank all of you for providing all your suggestions and views on this topic. Anyone trying to go about with the same can use this successful method.

You all have a good day.