Thread: How to Convert MP3 files to m4b for iPod

How to Convert MP3 files to m4b for iPod

Hi all,

Recently I have purchased a iPod, I have download lots of audio books in mp3 format and transfer it to you iPod for listening. But these files don’t have the useful features of iPod audio book format that is m4b. Can anybody have any idea about how to directly convert MP3 files to m4b. Please reply. Thanks in advance.

You need to download MP3 to iPod Audio Book Converter from freeipodsoftware website. After that add the files that you wish to convert by hit it off add button and start the conversion process by clicking the start conversion button. The finest part is that you can add numerous mp3 files and the program will combine it into a on its own iPod audio book file. Check it out and reply.

If you are using the program MP3 audio book then that will ask for file name and location where the file has to be saved. Provide the necessary details and the conversion process would begin. Once the conversion is, You need to full transfer the newly formed iPod audio book file to your iPod using iTunes. Now you can go and listen the audio book that you created. Check it out and reply.

Audio books are most of the time quite large files, it is not likely that you listen them in one piece. Your iPod remembers the position where you closed listening the last time. So when you carry on listening to your audio book, maybe days later, you don’t have to dissipate time finding the right position to start. I found this feature only in audio books in the iPod format .m4b but not for MP3 files. Check it out and reply.

You can also create M4A file from MP3 that can be played in iTunes at the suitable bitrate. But you need to convert the M4A file to an M4B file. enlarge the M4B file with bookmarks or chapters. I have originate the right tools and have successfully done this lacking any intermediate CDs. The outcome are quite acceptable. Additionally, I have been able to use a number of small tools to digitize books on tape and obtain them into my iPod too. Enjoy.

I have also some suggestion for that. You don’t need to convert any MP3 audio books you may have. Just open ITunes, right click on the file > Get Info > Options > Tick ‘Rembmer Playback Postion’ and Exit. I am sure this will work on your iPod. Check it out and reply if you found any issue. Best of luck.

Pinks Guest

Re: How to Convert MP3 files to m4b for iPod

For me MelodyCan is the best software for different players. It can remove drm and convert files to different formats. You can try it_))

ptrhenry52 Guest

Re: How to Convert MP3 files to m4b for iPod

I use MelodyCan.It is the best, easiest and fastest converter I found.You can try it.I usually just convert the mp3 to m4a,then export to desktop and manually change .m4a to .m4b, and re-import.