Thread: How to Animate Powerpoint Slides

How to Animate Powerpoint Slides

Hi,
    I am making a PowerPoint presentation determining the annual sales. I am not so expert in Microsoft PowerPoint. But on the same hand I need some tips for the same. What are the options I can apply to get some animation in PowerPoint Presentation. Currently I am using a ready made template in the office application. I use all pre-configured but some slides in the middle are dull. How to make this more attractive. Thanks

Re: How to Animate Powerpoint Slides

You can do one thing. Insert some videos in your PowerPoint presentation. I hope you can manage a video related to your stuff. Insert and provide effect to the same via custom animation. This elements each of them consist of a text boxes, images or videos that appear within a slide. Then in the end provide some dynamic transition effects. This will make it more professional.

To create a animation you can do that with a single element or by more than one. To add up some eye catching animation open the slide and add the object. Then faced with a slide with two elements (in my case), select one of them and go to the animations menu, then clicking on Custom Animation. In the window that opens just to the right of the slide click on Add Effect. Choose as per you need

The custom animation offers you more new effects. It dependes on the verison of PowerPoint you are using. Like in Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 there are three types of effects that can be applied to each element of the slide. Transition - this make the animation begins with the absence of the element and ending at the position you want. Outputs is the same system but on the contrary. And FOCUS which with the item is always visible, what it does is highlight it with different animations.

You can simply click on the animation effect and you can see the preview. This features work in Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 and 2007. If you are using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 then just click on the Animation tab in the ribbon. Then you can see a bunch of effects and preview. Choose as you want. As compare to Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 the Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 give you more new and better effects.

Every effect that we add to each element will be marked with a number. This number indicates the order in which they will be producing the animations, which by the way, we can vary with the touch and move above or below other effects. Once you have selected the effects of all elements, we set certain criteria for the animation independently. Thus, we can modify the speed of the animation, add a sound to each of the animations, etc. To go see how the animation is running total of the slide, click on preview, which is located in the upper-left corner of the screen