Thread: No sound from capture

No sound from capture

Hello Good Morning,

I re-installed windows on my machine few days ago. My issue is I have captured video from a cam via usb streaming and found I have no sound. I also directly dumped another mpeg file from an SD card straight to HDD and it too has no sound. I guess i had installed all my drivers but wonder if there is a codec or something i could be missing. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot...

Re: No sound from capture

I would like to ask you some thing when you copy the Video folder from your camcorder DVD do you hear any sound or see any video. I guess you should be using Windows Explorer to do the copy. It reminds me like you are still capturing if you see video and hear audio.Did you noticed any conflict in your device manager?

You need to ensure volume levels are up and not muted. sound manager may have some sound channels hidden Speakers plugged int to the right jack.Not the above then it, sounds like you are missing something may be a driver for you sound card or your integrated sound on your motherboard.. Search for the manufacturer website of the hardware for drivers.

I see chances are it's not your components...it's your settings. Right-click on your volume icon in your tray next to the time, and open volume control. Have a look on your settings for playback and recording...if you have the wrong device chosen, you will get a stupid sound or no sound. Control there accordingly, and let me know if you have further queries