Thread: Pc won't load past Windows welcome screen(blue screen)

Pc won't load past Windows welcome screen(blue screen)

My windows vista home premium desktop pc loads past the the log-on screen and to the welcome screen and after that it goes blank to a blue coloured screen and nothing else is shown on the screen just a light blue coloured screen. Nothing is written on the screen like error codes or stop codes explaining what was wrong with system like you have in the normal blue screen of death scenario.

I got into safe mode to try and work out the problem but no success. In safe mode, after log-on, my screen just goes black with just safe mode written at the top and bottom of screen nothing else. No desktop or desk top icons. Just black screen. Please help

Re: Pc won't load past Windows welcome screen(blue screen)

You will need to anyhow run a fresh Windows installation. But before that try this solutions. If they work then fine or else format your computer. First press F8 continuously too boot in safe mode. Form the menu select Command Prompt only. In that type scanreg /restore. Press enter. If this does not work then boot form windows disc and run a repair process for the same.

First you can go ahead and check whether your system is able to get into safemode or not. If its getting you can go ahead and and perform system recovery. If its not going check whether your system is getting into BIOS and are you able to see the harddrive in the BIOS or not. You can also go ahead and run test on the harddrive by getting into BIOS. You can also go ahead and try by reseating the RAM memory by opening the side panel of the tower.

THANKS

Hello there,

I am having a similar problem - I am getting the blue screen as I turn on my vostro 1500 xp - i had a problem turning the sytem on - it won't turn on at all - this started when i did not do a shut down and just pressed the power off - i was unable to turn it on again....then it showed me black screen with blocks....it does not turn on in safe mode or anything ...any suggestions wud be greatly appreciated.... F8 wouldn't work - fn key + power doesn't work ...i tried taking out the battery and ac adapter --- and trying to turn system on - doesn't work - i also tried keeping the adapter without battery and try turnign on - nothing happens....only the lock sysmbol flickers all the time the sytem is plugged on...pleeease help!

@ kalcybret
    I know it must be a pain but I would suggest you to have a Live CD by Ubuntu linux or windows & take all your necessary data on a removable storage device. Then you just need to format your OS partition & install the Operating system oll over again. This is the best option available for you.

Hi all:

I thank you all for your help and suggestions. I finally resolved the issue after a lot of effort put in. All I did was go into the CMOS BIOS and selected "Load set-up default". Got out of BIOS and rebooted the pc and everything was back to normal. Windows loaded nicely and my desktop was back. Anybody going thru the same problem should give this solution a try. Thanks.