Thread: SP1 Blue Screen related to SSTP/VPN?

Windows Vista SP1 Blue Screen related to SSTP/VPN?

I am facing blue screen error on Windows Vista 64bit. I am not able to understand the issue behind it. Each time when I try to connection there is a crach and the system reboots. I checked in the log and found the problem lies with some rassstp.sys file. It is crashing because of this file. The connection is established, but after 30 seconds it crashed and there is nothing I can do. It looks the ras service is causing the trouble and I hope there will be way to fix the problem. I had updated new nvidia drivers on the laptop also but still the problem lies the same. Any idea why this error keeps on appearing.

It looks some driver or some internal service is corrupt due to which you are getting the problem. I will advice you to update all the drivers one by one and checkout the cause of blue screen. I had faced the issue due to Catalyst control center. I had tried to update the drivers but the problem still lies the same. The second thing you can do is simply run a new driver update and check back and the blue screen is avoided. Can you post the complete error code here. If you are not able to find the same go in Event Viewer > Log and note down the error description. I am sure you will find something there.

Try to run netsh int ip reset and hit enter. I think the problem would be solved. It looks you will need to run some winos update. But if the problem is not solved you will need to reconfigure all the settings from scratch. BSOD only appears if there is any internal system failure or some major hardware fault. You can removing the sstp miniport first and then putting the same back. If the problem is still constant you must simply try to run a repair setup of Windows Vista and I am sure it will help you.