Thread: How to count date in Microsoft Excel

How to count date in Microsoft Excel

I have small rent a movie business. I maintain my all information in Ms excel. The file includes a list of customers, date, time, etc. Now I am aware that Excel can count dates form the list and give me the exact answer. But I do not know the formula. I want the formula with some example which are easy to understand and review. Thanks

Re: How to count date in Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Excel can count dates and days and provide you the result. You can use the networking days syntax. It is used to count the amount of days between two dates. The syntax is =networkdays(start date, finish date). For example you will need to count the days between Jan 1, 2008 to Jan 27, 2008. The start date here will be Jan 1 is the start date and Jan 27 is end one. You need to select the data and give the formula.

Here you can try the Countif option in Excel. You can use the reference of cell with the below listed formula. Using the cell reference the formula will be able to give you the exact answer. The formula is =sumproduct((A1:A300>B1)*(A1:A300<C1)). Here the coloumn A1 has the dates, coloumn B1 has the start date and coloumn C1 has the end date. Hope this will help you.

The formula in Microsoft Excel which will use to count the dates is {=SUM((MONTH(A2:A11)=B2)*(YEAR(A2:A11)=C2)*1)}. Now lets consider that the first Column A1 has the dates. B1 has the month to be found and C has the year to be found. Then in the D coloum give the formula. It will count the date relevant to the month and year the result will be displayed in column D.