Thread: Over Time Difficulty in A Valley Without Wind

Over Time Difficulty in A Valley Without Wind

I had played my first civilization to level 31. At that time (and for about a dozen levels before, when he had begun to do), I was very comfortable clean underground areas 10 levels above me for high-level gems - the heads of bats was less than 1 / 2 my CV on a swing, so it might take two hits, heal, rinse repeat. By contrast, the bats died pretty quickly to a combined assault of pulses of energy, lightning and Creeping Death. It can often take a beating before I arrived, or at least after one pass. In any case, it felt like "activity" of the baseline "gather gems of the subversive areas 10 levels over you" was always simpler since it reached a high level of civilization.

Re: Over Time Difficulty in A Valley Without Wind

This was not too noticeable, as it was a gradual change, however, struck me as rather abruptly after an update after the session that took me from 29 to 31, I went back and found that somehow the world not saved and I was back in 29. I felt a little irritated and just bombed the world from orbit, starting again (its beta version. I wanted to test the changes that the patch for a new beginning). I had my new civilization emerging at 3-4, and was intended to get some higher-level spells in an area a few levels above me, as I had been doing a dozen in my former world levels. Earlier than I set out in the area would not be too much of a trouble, but on the way to an subversive area that I grasped that the espers seemed to be taking quite strong, taking at least four balls of light to reduce and attacks made a reasonable proportion of my health. I truck however, and made my way to a bat cave boss. I ventured out a bit to hunt down the leadoff hitter. I see once what I have to try to kite back for as long as possible before they are successful in

The balance is a problem, is something that needs work. The problem with balance difficulty is that there are plenty of new spells and enemies coming, and it is easier to do a great deal of adjustment, once again you're in the game, instead of adding balance, balance add, and so on. That said, the intention (as I understand it, anyway) is that a fairly consistent level of difficulty. Therefore, the area 5 levels over you will shortly be provided about as tricky as an area of 5 levels over you later. So while you are 5, 10 is as difficult as it is when 325 320.

That's the kind of thing I expected. I realize there are a lot of spells and incoming enemies, and I understand that if the preference is to not disturb the balance until it is all there. However, I see no new spells and enemies have no effect on scaling. If you spell X is approximately 50% of a monster HP as Level A, so that somewhat consistent for levels 1 -> infinity is quite a separate issue and decide whether to do damage spells by 10% over X spell, as it costs more mana, B or monster that has twice the HP of a monster because it is slower. Once B is added to the monster double-A HP, would be reasonable to assume that X spell still deal consistently ~ 25% of an equal level of Monster B, HP. Once again, however, I understand that if all that is just being completely ignored prioritization and everything.

Spells are expected for the hypothetical grass poor; just do everything in the equation based on dubious statistics at times. Not sure what health and mana are based, but seems a little less simple, but still hurts.

The difference between levels 1 and 2 is huge, but the difference between the levels of 1000 and 1001 is incredibly tiny. This is his first attempt to infinitely wide statistics in this way, with AI war has had only five levels, and mathematics is not kept in a longer range due to the differences we depart, we are discovering. The other problem is that the numbers will be larger than the screen can easily show the player, which is really annoying. If you reach the 1 million level, the statistics would be so high that would not fit in the health bars or similar.

What we really need to do is probably take the formula and instead of making everything is relative. So the amount of damage done based on the relative level of the attacker against the defender, and just keep statistics based on non-range multiplied. For example, if your attack power was 10 as a character, that would be 10 until the end of time. The points and the magic will continue to grow as they do now, but possibly at a slower rate than they currently do. For points of magic that is important in determining the reasonable costs, but HP is just a feeling of well being for the players and something that makes visual sense intuitively.

More relative numbers seem to be helpful. Another problem with large numbers (at least for me) is that it makes the game feel more like a Skinner box (or make more evident the game is a Skinner box? It depends on how cynical you are.)

A growing number have to be exponential so get ugly no matter what (unless you use scientific notation). Adjust the player feel strange figures, though. Well, maybe the exponent can be disguised as a "hitpoint level" so it would for example, 3000 points of life at 25 and the attacks that have to do for example, 1000 points of life at 24 only hurt you by 10 points. You could also round away anything that is too low to matter that I may not float precision problems.