Thread: No reward for Spawn points in A Valley Without Wind

No reward for Spawn points in A Valley Without Wind

I love the game. But one thing is really getting on my wick is that you can clear a room respawn points. Open a door to another room, I find it a dead end and after 10 seconds then walk back through the same door to find all points of recurrence again. For me it is a kind of "what's the point?" That I can deal with any reward for destroying the minor enemies and spawn points, but for themselves respawn points back just to change from one room to another and shortly as well. Well, it's over a little irritating! Hope you will judge this information. I'm sure will be very successful with AVWW. It is much better than I thought even at this stage!

Re: No reward for Spawn points in A Valley Without Wind

The reappearance of these is based on the fact that if you re-Trodding places that has been, and there are no monsters, the game is boring. You're just walking. Not that there's a huge amount of backtracking, and have an interesting point about the length of onetime thing. It is possible that you may have to make so that it takes a little longer, now that you have over a window of 10 seconds before reappearing again.

There is also the issue with the boss rooms where people could be without quarter, heal, then return and take advantage of that. Therefore, boss rooms really think it has to stay and work as it does to prevent exploits that would otherwise inevitable. However, boss rooms and a path to follow is not inside the building having come back at all. For differentiating the subway interiors and exteriors, however, and probably solve most of your frustrations, because "only going to briefly rooms" is more or less that does not happen with the interiors if you are using the map. I thought. I am particularly interested in the thoughts of people with frustrations like yours in this, because trying to balance the two extremes is important and I need your point of view.

I'm fine with respawn points that return after a 5-10 minutes. That would mean that if you are in a particularly large, then it may be again the same path after the amount of time, and it is feasible for you to meet with the crowds again after that time. Well with the local underground or recurrence at a different pace. Would each area have its own feel, and that would be awesome!

I think what they do not return, except for the chief rooms at least a step in the right direction. At the level I'm at, at least, the destruction of a contact with the fire has a fairly large investment of time. Often, I see the point of being first, but I like the option if the future changes required.

If the point of monsters is more interesting to go through areas with little feeling is running through the large gaps, perhaps another option would be to have many monsters less, but much stronger, more than the inconvenience of not less that are at present. Thus instead of having a lot of junk that constantly jump, instead simply have the constant threat of a great evil to fall and break what interesting tension builds up, even if you never code.

That gave me another interesting idea. You could have a building with nothing in it except a boss who follows this logic and stems from room to room. Perhaps the only thing in the whole building. Perhaps the point is to find and destroy their breeding, which in turn makes it vulnerable to attacks. And then once you kill him you can get access to their secret cache of items away in the building. Maybe add sound effects when you are around, and if he sees you, chasing you for a few rooms until you give it the slip. Of course it would need to add in the ability of the monsters chasing you through transitions of room, I know I've seen in other places as suggested. But that's one way you could make the trip interesting empty room without having a lot of bad bit around to get in the way.

In particular, the fierce mob rather than several smaller ones. The variety is good, some areas with a lot, others with fewer larger ones. Each carries its own strategy. I like a lot.