Thread: Ulysses in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Ulysses in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Was it just me or did it seem like Christina and DoGod had had run INS with Ulysses prior to Dead Money? DoGod mentioned in the ending something about two couriers fighting together at the end of the world or something. And Christina said she was helped by a courier who wore the old world flag on his back. And during these times a little pip-boy challenge thing popped up in the upper left corner saying "Of things to come." Are these two characters making references to the Ulysses? Was Ulysses a courier? And was he the courier who turned down the job at Nash?

Re: Ulysses in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

World commonwealth flag on his back). Father Elijah said that while he was in the big empty getting the collars he saw a women and a man, a Courior. He knew the women, (possibly Christine) but the man, he never saw again. (Maybe it was Ulysess and he went to the majave wasteland to take the job onlii to find out that your name was on the list so he denied maybe). Johnny Nash Talks about a Courior who turned down the job when he saw your name next on the list, then he also commented on hoping the Divide tears him up. (Father Elijah did metion going thru the Divide to get to Big Empty).

Ulysses was cut from the game and as a companion because the devs wanted to focus on one thing and that was two find the men that shot you only to find out that something bigger was happening. In some speeches with characters you can say you have been here and there like New Cannan, and Reno, Leaving you thinking that no one knows about your past but you and the Unknown Courior. Also John Nash tells him that you’re still alive when he asked if that name was for real. Christine also says that he was looking for someone, maybe it was you, or maybe it was the Burned Man he was looking for (Ulysses was a legion after all) or maybe when the burned man died (supposebly) and you were the one that saved him and he wants to kill you, or maybe you are the burned man.

You should be, like, a detective or something. That kind of stuff flies right over my head, and apparently everyone else's since this is the first mention of it. on the fallout wiki, it states him as part of the legion faction, but he’s wearing the united states commonwealth flag on his back, and seems to like the pure old world ideals, but has that friggin crazy hair! It’s pretty much guaranteed well meet Ulysses in a future dlc/grand canyon here we come.

Actually, the only connection he has to the legion is that on the caravan deck that came with the Collector’s Edition he was on the same row of clovers as Legion members. For all we know Ulysses could have been a part of one of the original 86 tribes that the Legion conquered and was brought to the Legion at a young age. There's too much mystery on hand about this character. I just thought of something what if Ulysses was in the Legion, he participated in the original battle of the hoover dam, was friends/mentor with Joshua Graham, and he didn't appreciated the Legion killing Graham so he went AWOL and took a job as a courier.

I don’t know, in DoGods ending slider he said something about the two couriers (PC and Ulysses) fighting together or something at the edge of the world. But even if he isn't a companion it seems like Ulysses is a VERY important character in Vegas' storyline. Where does one get the assumption this is who Nash almost hired? We never hear his name during the Game. Not that I Remember. Now it makes more sense why Ulysses was cut. They had a DLC worth of content for him and they just couldn't fit him into the main game.

My thoughts exactly! I remember hearing constant reminders of what Nash in Primm said - some guy alarmed at your name appearing and the fact he wore the "flag of the old America on his back" it has to be Ulysses! Sounds like he’s you're antagonist down the long road of things to come. I loved this content pack, a lot of revelations in it and more questions that need answering instead of closure. This opens up more avenues for the games future DLCs.