Thread: Ulysses Hint in Honest Hearts in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Ulysses Hint in Honest Hearts in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I was playing Honest Hearts last night and I began to Mr. Joshua Graham in the Narrows. He told me that he originally thought that I (the courier) would be another a courier, one that he seems to hint tried to assassinate Joshua Graham and failed but he did escape. Is this other courier Ulysses? It seems that this could very well be more foreshadowing for Lonesome Road. Plus, Graham does detail the Divide somewhat, saying the place practically destroyed an NCR convoy because of the storms and the "hole in the earth". Anyone else notice this in Honest Hearts?

Re: Ulysses Hint in Honest Hearts in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I think Graham says that he believes the other Courier is a Frumentari, but he could just be working for Caesar (presumably in a manner similar to a legion aligned player). I swear if Ulysses turns out to be the long lost Legion companion that I've been waiting on forever that I can take back with me to the Mojave, I will almost forgive Obsidian for how horribly biased the game is. It's in Arizona. Though I have a feeling that it's too far into Legion territory so it would be out of non-Legion characters comfort zone, and CL might have already investigated thoroughly.

It's entirely possible. NCR would likely have no interest in that barren strip of desert even if it wasn't a storm-ridden go-here-and-don't-come-back place. Plus, it is just several miles west of where the Canyon wreckage is, and that has the Lonesome road graffiti on it. I remember reading somewhere that one of the Producers was in charge of two of the DLCs and the other was in charge of the other two. I think the guy in charge of Honest Hearts is also in charge of Lonesome Road. If that's the case, don't hold your breath.

I wouldn't count on it. The dialog in Honest Hearts seems to suggest that Ulysses was a Frumentarii whose job it was to obtain the Platinum chip. Instead, he deliberately dropped the job and basically betrayed the Legion, all for the sake of whatever grudge he holds against you. Other than that, the main game and the DLCs have just been so anti-Legion so far that it'd both be shocking if the VERY last DLC gave the Legion something and I doubt many players would still be on good enough terms with the Legion to use him.

The dialog also offers you to ask what he thinks of the Legion, Mr. House and the NCR. The Mr. House dialog is the usual "who the **** is that?" sort of response, to the Legion he basically says "no comment," and to the NCR he mentions some of the key problems they had at the First Battle of Hoover Dam. He mentions the Divide and the Big Empty being obstacles that the NCR has to work around when sending more supplies, with the Legion scouts and spies personally reporting that all NCR who enter the Divide are never heard from again.

There is absolutely nothing about Ulysses that leads me to believe he's Legion. I just think he took the new "super awesome Legion slavah playuh" mantle that Graham had for the Legion fan base. Just take a look at the guy's shirt for crying out loud. I do think he'll have some small connection to the Legion, but I doubt it will be in the way that we think. He could be a double agent working against the Legion on behalf of the Mojave for all we know.

I have a theory about Ulysses, and why he is mentioned at major story points in the main story as well as in each DLC so far. Ulysses is meant to be the "other player character" in the game. He is meant to be another player character wandering the Mojave, and at various locations he makes different decisions and has his own adventures. His choices and actions impact the actual player, because our player character generally visits areas after he has already passed through and made his choices.