Thread: Will there be kill streaks in Homefront

Will there be kill streaks in Homefront

I like this game very much by just seeing its few videos. But I just newly heard from somewhere that there will be kill streaks in this game. I really don’t have any idea about this. If there are killstreak I am canceling my preorder. Seriously though, look through the dev diaries until you hear something about Battle points. Anyone else has any idea about this? Or has any other information about killstreak? If anyone of you find any detail about this than please provide me.

Re: Will there be kill streaks in Homefront

Here I must say something about this. I am quite sure there are no "kill streaks" as it defeats the fundamentals of Battle Points; it seems like score (currency) for various actions accumulate and you can choose what you need through Battle Points. Therefore, while streaks are wonderful and all, no definitive streak is needed for someone to acquire some fire power or whatever that will be up for offering with Battle Points.

I don’t think killstreak promote camping; I think camping is a strategic decision. Sometimes running and gunning can be disastrous so you need to sit tight for a while to 'calm down' and re-thinks you strategy. The problem with objective games is that Noobs play death match on a game mode that clearly isn't death match. It just means they are wedged and can't read. Kill streaks reward a good player but penalize the bad player because if you are getting killed all the time, you ain’t ever going to get the higher streaks. It's for that reason that killstreak fail, in my view. They do not cater for all skill levels. With Battle points, you get rewarded for (for example) capturing the objective, so even if you ain’t great at shooting but you are good strategically, you can get the benefits for being a team player.

There are two things I dislike about killstreak rewards that make me welcome their absence in most games: 1) they're often too powerful, particularly on certain maps (try Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops’s chopper gunner on any open map, such as Wasteland or Jungle) 2) they reward you for getting lots of consecutive kills rather than actually doing anything productive. I don't understand the consecutive thing. What's the point?

I believe that Medal of Honor has the best implementation of anything Kill Streak related. Medal of Honor score chains give you the opportunity to support your team through firepower, or through defensive attributes like higher bullet damage, or better armor. I love the ability to choose which will help the team most at anytime. I would love to something similar in Homefront. From the sound of it, Battle Points may suffice.

The "danger area" in Shahikot Mountains (one of the worst designed maps since Team Fortress 2's ctf_turbine) is anywhere outside of spawn and you can't kill anyone from spawns. The Opposing Force can oftentimes just camp at the chopper sniping the heads off of anyone who dares stick their faces out to try and capture the point, and rain mortars down on anyone who tries to get close enough to snipe themselves. It's a stupidly designed game play mechanic on a stupidly designed map, but thankfully most of HTE other maps aren't that bad.

Here I just add few things in this. Sounds like a tactics problem. I love the map, and know how to do well on both sides. When I am the Taliban on Shahikot, I not at all get hit with anything, unless a player finds me with his quided missile. As the American, the spawn protection is pretty far reaching. The only way you are going to get hit with anything is if you move out, and after that sit behind the first rock you come to.