Thread: Installation J2EE 6 on Windows XP SP3

Installation J2EE 6 on Windows XP SP3

I try to install in my J2EE 6. Once I downloaded and I have it on my machine, I double-clicked and here I have a msg saying: "j2eesdk has caused an error in MSVCRT.DLL". Is it perhaps because Gen JSDK already java 1.4 on my machine? I am using windows xp sp3 on my PC. Thank you very much if somebody can help me.

Re: Installation J2EE 6 on Windows XP SP3

You need to download from the site www.eclipse.org Section downloads.
    Since Eclipse 3.3 (Europa), the download page has been completely reorganized: several 'packaging' are available, they contain Eclipse and modules developed in other projects of the Eclipse Foundation. Comparison Chart packages Galileo http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/package.

Generally "J2EE" to describe the assembly consisting of services (APIs) offered and infrastructure implementation. J2EE includes: The specifications of the application server, that is to say, the runtime environment: J2EE finely defines the roles and interfaces for applications and the environment in which they will be executed. These recommendations thus allow outside companies to develop application servers conform to the specifications and defined, without having to redevelop the main services.

J2EE APIs can be divided into three broad categories:
    * The components. It is customary to distinguish two families of components:
    # The web components: Servlets and JSP (Java Server Pages). This is the party responsible for the interface with the user (known as presentation logic).
    # Business components: EJB (Enterprise Java Beans). These specific components responsible for processing data specific to a sector of activity (referred to as business logic or application logic) and interfacing with databases.

Once everything has been downloaded, simply unzip SDK J2SE, Ant and the package Jonas / Tomcat. I unzip the package in the directory C: \ Appli
    When these packages are unzipped, then you have in your home directory (/ usr / local /) directories such as:

Code:
       apache-ant-1.5.2-jonas j2sdk1.4.1_02 3-2
    In general, changing the name of these directories because under some DOS emulation, the long names of directories can cause problems especially in the script and it is better not to take risks and spend hours searching for an error as stupid as that it.
    Thus we get the directories:

Code:
      C: \ Appli \ Ant C: \ Appli \ JSDK C: \ Appli \ Jonas
    Then we should move the BCEL package in the directory of Ant libraries (C: \ Appli \ Ant \ lib) so that this package is taken into account by Ant. Warning, this is not the need to zip the directory of bookstores but the content inside the jar.

When you run the script, make sure it has been taken into account for this, do:
    Code:
       echo%% APPLI_HOME
    That should show: C: \ Appli. If this is not the case, this means that the script was not properly executed ...
    Now we will verify the proper functioning of JSDK and Ant. To do this, simply run the commands:
    Code:
            java-version javac-version ant-help
    If any exception or error occurs, all is well. For Jonas and Tomcat, you must go to the directory of the latter (C: \ Appli \ Jonas). Then run the command:
    Code:
     ant
    This command detects the build.xml then responsible for creating packages suitable for proper operation.