Thread: Photoshop Layers: Copy, Cut and Paste

Photoshop Layers: Copy, Cut and Paste

I try to make a copy / paste in Photoshop Elements in the same image. I made copies of layers. If I make a cut on a white area . It said "Unable to execute the Copy command because the selected area is empty ". Unbelievable. I actually want to copy this white box and paste it into my image to another location. Can anybody have any idea what's wrong with me? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Photoshop Layers: Copy, Cut and Paste

You can use the Move tool to copy selections as you drag in or between Photoshop images . You can also copy and move selections using the Copy command , Copy Merged , Cut and Paste . Use the Move tool , however, requires less memory , because the clipboard is not as requested with the commands.
    Copy - Copy the selected part on the active layer .
    Copy Merged - Performs a copy with merge all layers visible on the selected portion.
    Paste - Pastes a cut or copied selection into another part of the image or in another image as a new layer. If a selection is active, the Paste command replaces the current selection by the copied selection . In the absence of active selection , the Paste command places the copied selection in the middle of the display area .

You need to pastes a cut or copied selection into another selection of the same image or another image. The source selection is pasted on a new layer , and the selection frame is converted into target mask. When pasting a selection or layer between two images of different resolutions , the pasted data retain their dimensions in pixels. The bonded portion may thus appear disproportionate in the new image. Using the Image Size command , set a resolution identical to the source and target images before the operation to copy / paste , or use the Transform command to resize the copied content .

Depending on your settings for color management and color profile associated with the file ( or imported data) , you may be prompted to specify the desired processing of color information in the file (or imported data ) .
    Copying a selection

1. Select the area to be copied.
    2. Choose Edit > Copy or Edit> Copy Merged

Check the steps:
    # Cut or copy the part of the image to stick.
    # Select the portion of the frame in which to paste the selection . The source and target selections can be found in the same image or in two different Photoshop images .
    # Choose Edit > Paste Into . The contents of the source selection appears in the selection target .
    Paste Into Operation and adds a layer mask to the image . In the Layers panel , the new layer contains a layer thumbnail to select pasted next to the layer mask thumbnail . The mask is created after the pasted selection : the selection is not hidden (in white ) , the rest of the layer is hidden (in black ) . The layer and layer mask are not linked: you can move independently of one another.

You can use masks to hide portions of a layer and reveal parts of the layers below. You can create two types of masks:
    • The layer masks are bitmap resolution-dependent and are modified using painting tools and selection.
    • The vector masks do not depend on the resolution obtained with the pen tools and shape.
    The layer masks and vector are not destructive , which means you can return to the previous version of the mask and later change it again without losing the masked pixels .