Thread: Flex Directly To JdbcService

Flex Directly To JdbcService

I am starting now Flex . I ask myself a lot of questions . That is just stupid take an example , the addition of members. The form is done in Flex. For now I manage my member in ActionScript , I have a User class and UserFormEvent. Suppose I now save this limp member in a PostgreSQL database. How can I contact the JDBC , ActionScript , in J2EE ? Where can I find info? Any idea.

Re: Flex Directly To JdbcService

In the world of java web frameworks , it is one that has emerged in recent years : Spring . Adobe recognized him , because it is relatively simple to configure BlazeDS to tell it to use Spring as a container of Java classes . But he'd have to manage the configuration of one side BlazeDS and Spring configuration to another. A few months, Spring has proposed a new intiative to simplify integration with BlazeDS. In this note we propose to create a small project that will help you evaluate this new solution.

At the webapp , add ( drag and drop ) the following libraries in the lib :

* driver for your database
    * spring.jar (in the / dist Project Spring )
    * webmvc.jar - spring ( in the / dist / spring project modules )
    * org.springframework.flex. - 1.0.0.RELEASE.jar ( in the / dist project flex - spring -integration )
    * cglib - nodeps - 2.1_3.jar (in the / lib / cglib project spring )
    * com.springsource.org.codehaus.jackson - 1.0.0.jar ( in the folder / project projects/ivy-cache/repository/org.codehaus.jackson/com.springsource.org.codehaus.jackson/1.0.0 spring -Flex - integration)

You must specify all the classes you want to make the methods available to Flex . This is done by defining the bean in which it specifies the full name of the class , and the name of the destination ( id = " candidate " ). By tag it specifies that this bean will be exposed to Flex. So, no need to configure the remoting -config.xml file as you would in a conventional BlazeDS project. Finally , it is necessary to modify the services-config.xml file (located in WebContent / WEB -INF / flex).

PureMVC is a framework containing all the design patterns from Java world . This is a multilanguage solution rather specifica Flex . For example, event handling is not supported with the native principle that prevents flex manage dataBinding . By cons , PureMVC is very effective for the management modules for all classes can be multitone . Cairngorm is not a true MVC, but rather an architecture that allows the separation layer and it becomes limited when we want to use it with Firefox (This is due to the problem of ServiceLocator is a singleton) . By cons , it is perfectly suited to the management of Events.

You need to define an interface that contains all the requests . This interface must extend the interface java.sql.BaseQueryAnd each method must be annotated by the annotation @ java.sql.QueryOr by @ java.sql.Update. Both annotations allow to associate a SQL query to the method. For example, to define a method that returns all elements of the table user_info.