Thread: How to Delete the files from public_html?

How to Delete the files from public_html?

Some days ago , I installed the Joomla 1.5 on cPanel but currently I needed to install the Joomla 1.0.15 on cPanel then after, I tried to go with the installation of Fantastico but I am continuously getting the error message as 'Installation cannot be deleted please delete the files manually'.

I also tried to remove out entire data with the manual procedure but it is not getting deleted. Please suggest me , how to remove out the files from public_html on cPanel.. Your suggestion will be appreciated ...!!!!

Re: How to Delete the files from public_html?

Well !! You can easily delete then. Have you installed the Joomla 1.5 with the manual procedure ? If yes then you should just delete the files with the help of Ftp and delete the database from cPanel >> Mysql Databases field . Sometimes, users feels unable to remove out the files because of some difficulties. In this case, you need to ask with the same problem to your host and told them to delete all these for you....

Actually, if you try to find out the internal procedure then you will get that the directories and files are installed with the help of webscript with web service group and user permission. In the same way, you also can remove out by using web script and web browser with the help of PHP recursive calls of unlink() function.This would be helpful to remove out .Try to implement this and execute the proper combination of all of the components ..

If you already committed the installation via the fantastico but now, you are felling unable to uninstall this from the fantastico,you should go through the steps suggested below :

1. Delete the web file from public_html (for your case).
    2. Find out the .fatasticodata directory in the user root directory.
    3. browse the installed_in_root.php file, delete the value as suggested where domain.com is your domain name.
    $installed_in_root["domain.com"] = 1;
    4. Move to the Joomla_1.5 directory, browse domain.com file, you shall get the value as below where domain_jo151 is your name of the database.
    $thisdb = "domain_jo151";
    5. Delete the domain.com file.
    6. Move to cPanel and choose the database,delete the database from database field.

The installation files in some moments automatically get restricted by some internal components from being deleted, just because of some configurations in the permissions and this instead stops the files from being removed when you try to upgrade the Joomla script. So when that issue occurs, you can remove out the Joomla files with the manual way from the file manager and then the upgrade can be done from fantastico. If it still not allowing to make you upgrade then its much better to upload the latest version files in the manual procedure with the help of file manager...

Hello everybody,

I am trying to wipe entire things from my public_html directory so I can try to go for some other Content Management Systems ,but some internal components or processes are restrcting me to do and always get failed to perform . I also chmodded the files stored in the public_html directory which didn't helped me either (configured with 777). I don't what's wrong going on , can you also enable cron-jobs please?