Thread: Cant delete files from a USB

Cant delete files from a USB

Hiiee..
    Recently I am facing very strange problem. I have 2 GB sandisk usb stick which shows every thing perfect when I attach it to my PC. When I delete some certain files its gets deleted as normal. But when trying to eject it , there is always a pop-up saying that its busy. After awhile when i then go back and browse the contents of the stick, the files i just deleted have reappeared and when i try to delete them again i get the same file in use error. I have also tried to formatted the stick on my pc and that gets rid of the files but the error returns the next time i want to delete anything from it.

Re: Cant delete files from a USB

Try this...
    Start deleting the Folder from the root folders or files. Suppose if there is any file or folder inside the main folder try to delete that one first. Keep on deleting like this till you arrive to the main folder. Then try to delete the main folder. This can help you.

The error : " Cannot delete folder it is being used by the other person. "
    Sometimes Windows has this problem either you cannot eject your usb because it is still in use. When you very well know its not. And if you forcefully pull out your drive the files you supposed to deleted will be present. For this problem you can use some formatting softwares available in the Google for your usb. Such software lets you to format the files and folders present in it. What great is that you can kill those processes if you know they are not really using the file.

Many times this problem arises because of the Virus Attack. The virus may be present in your USB or in your PC. I will suggest you to first scan your PC with a good anti-virus to see if you have viruses in your system. Also try scanning from latest and updated anti-virus. There are some virus which does not allow you to kill some certain process. Once the virus gets cleaned you will able to use your USB drive properly.

You can check your USB by anti-virus. If the same problem persists, then try to download some software that can perform low-level formatting for the USB. Once you download that software you have to just select your USB drive for low-level formatting and then click on start. Dont forget to take backup of the files presented in your USB. This formatting process is different from normal formatting(right click >>format). Low-level formatting will clean your USB completely. So you can use it again normally.