Thread: Need help for PIC or microcontroller programming.

Need help for PIC or microcontroller programming.

Basically I want to learn how to program PIC chips and the thing that is important, I want to do this programming on Mac OS X. The problem is that I not any having any clue related to the programming C language. But I am a fast learner and I will pick that up very quickly the thing only left is to know about them. If anybody can provide any source for PIC or microcontroller programming, then I will be really thankful.

Re: Need help for PIC or microcontroller programming.

It seems like that you are taking real advantage and also getting the knowledge of C or the Assembly and also working for PIC, then you are just a too much I am not that much expert, actually I am only limited to one PCI. For that purpose I am using the Window related tools hence I can take direct assistance. According to me you should search for the communities related to Linux for the help.

I was thing that I will just have buckle down and then learn C language, but for any kind of eager there has to some way out. Are you having any advice for the beginners, it will be really for me. I just want to make mass producible, and the interactive art. I am having a complete idea what I want to do with PIC, just need the startup for that.

If you really want to learn something the first thing you have to do, is purchase the MPLAB ICD 2. You are a student then you are allowed to download the student edition and start learning from there. If you want to buy the enterprise edition then you have to pay an approximate amount of $249. The only thing that is the problem is that it requires window operating system for the running.

If you need to do pic development then the icd 2 is the way to go, then you go for the cheap knock-off. It will better to have the virtual computer system or the virtual PC. I am not an expert related to it but done a small amount of PIC development and trust me it is fun device. I will suggest you to use AVR microcontrollers.

I am trying to find what will work best for me. According to me there is not perfect option for using my Mac. I think I need to work harder for getting the better IBM Thinkpad that can replace the MacBook Pro. Any ways thanks for the suggestion you have given I will remember you for helping me in my problem.