Thread: How improve the performance in programming with .NET C++

How improve the performance in programming with .NET C++

Basically I have just started my carrier with the programming of Visual Studio .net. My work is to optimize the level of performance of the source code. As per my knowledge I am doing the best work but the result is not that good. So I need to discuss the question that how to get a better performance programming in .net C++. Basically I need to know optimization of MSIL, Optimization of JLT and compiler interaction.

Re: Optimization comes is divided in two parts.

Well as per my knowledge for optimizing the MSIL we have to look at the two main parts. The first part is optimizing the code with help of language compiler that is making good use of languages like C#, visual basic, and visual C++ that are used for generating the MSIL. The second part is feeding of MSIL to just in time compiler which is used to create the optimize native code. For the best optimized result you have to take care that these two parts cooperate with each other for creating the best optimized code.

Re: How improve the performance in programming with .NET C++

From the above reply it is clear that for building a better optimized code there should be the optimization and cooperation of both JIT and compiler optimization. Basically the optimized code which is written in Visual C++ compiler is fed to the NGEN for generating the native code. After the required MSIL code is generated it is consumed by the just in time compiler. After that just in time compiler read it and starts the performance optimization.

Re: Double thunk elimination

If you have the basic knowledge you must now consider the double thunk elimination. This is the most popular optimization that a 64 bit NGEN performs. When we call a managed entry point from the managed code using a function pointer , the optimization address a transition. This happens due to the function pointer and the virtual pointer does not have the necessary information required.

Re: How improve the performance in programming with .NET C++

Normally for improving the performance normally programmer export the dynamic link library. But that is not a good idea every time.

The above figure show the transition path for exposing the managed functions to manage the code. This will result in the removal of costly thunks when compared to the process