Thread: The J2EE Application Has Not Been Deployed

The J2EE Application Has Not Been Deployed

Hi Friends,
    I am trying to deploy the J2EE application but it is not getting deployed properly. When i am running the program, I am getting the error message :
    NameNotFoundException. Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming...
    Since I am new to the J2EE, I think that I am doing the deployment in wrong way. So anyone can help me by explaining the steps for Deploying the J2EE Application.?? Please help me soon..!!
    ASUS P5VD1-X
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.00GHz
    Maxtor 160GB
    Corsair 1.5GB PC3200 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
    Phillips DVD RW
    Magna 500W PSU
    XION II Steel Black Gaming Case

Re: The J2EE Application Has Not Been Deployed

The error that you are getting "NameNotFoundException. Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming... " comes when the J2EE Application has not been deployed properly.!! So I think that you are doing the deployment in incorrect way. I would like to suggest you to start the J2EE application again and then try to deploy the application properly. Be sure that you are doing the correct steps while deploying the application. I think that your problem will get fixed once you deploy it properly.

The conclusion is that you are not properly doing the steps while deploying the J2EE application. So I thought to provide you the correct steps. The following are the steps to deploy the J2EE application :
    1. First select the ConverterApp application.
    2. Then select the Deploy options which is present in the Tools option.
    3. You will have to confirm that ConverterApp is shown for the Object To Deploy in the introduction dialog box. Along with that also confirm that localhost is shown for the Target Server.
    4. After doing that select the checkbox labeled Return Client Jar.
    5. Enter the full path name for the file ConverterAppClient.jar in the text field that appears.
    6. Lastly click on Next.

Hope that these steps would help you in fixing your problem.

The steps described by the 'MindSpace' is correct but you will have to follow more steps after entering the full path name in the text field that appears. Here are those steps :
    1. After entering the full path name, you will have to verify the names you entered in the previous section in the JNDI Names dialog box.
    2. Then click on Next to move on another options.
    3. Now you will have to enter converter in the Context Root field in the WAR Context Root dialog box. After doing this the converter context root will be part of the URL, when you run the Web client.
    4. After doing this click on Next.
    5. Click Finish in the Review dialog box.
    6. In the Deployment Progress dialog box, click OK when the deployment completes.

You should now able to fix the problem. Because the steps mentioned by the 'MindSpace' and 'Katty' are the exact way to deploy the J2EE application. Even after that if you are facing the problem then its not the deployment fault. Its maybe your application that is creating an issue. So you will have to reinstall your J2EE application. While doing the reinstallation keep in mind to uninstall the existing version of the application. Otherwise there are chances of having the same problem again.