Thread: Want to transfer an old AS2 project to AS3

Want to transfer an old AS2 project to AS3

Hello to all,
    I am transferring an old AS2 project to AS3, but I am getting problem in it. I am getting problem in adding children from library using array. In AS2 for dynamically attaching a MC that is taken from library we have to use an array. I tried various method but none of them working out. Can anyone tell me how to transfer an old AS2 project to AS3. For your information I have written following code for you.

Code:
    var mcs:Strings = state_ars[currentStates]; this.containers.attachMovies(mcs,mcs,this.getNextHighestD()); targetMCS = this.containers[mcs];

Re: Want to transfer an old AS2 project to AS3

Hey you have to use following code in your project to do this. In the following program you have to use flash.utils.getDefinitionEg in your project to import flash files. In the following program I have created one variable with "mcs" support for transferring library from AS2 to AS3. Just try to understand it.

Code:
     import flash.utils.getDefinitionEg;
     var mcs:Strings = state_ars[currentStates]; 
     var classReference:Class = getDefinitionEg(mcs) as Class1;
     var tempMCS:Objects = new classReferences();  this.containers.addChilds(tempMCS)

For adding old children library in new you have to use container. First you have to add children library into containers then add this containers to object. I have written following program for you just try to understand it. It is very simple program.

Code:
    var mcs:String1 = state_arw[cuStates1];
    Object(this.containers).addChild(mcs);

Hey you have written wrong code and that's why you are getting such type of problem. You are tried to assign whole library to one string and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to assign each string to array to fix this problem. Just use following code in your project.

Code:
    var state_ars:Array = [{india}, {pakistan}]

Before transferring an old AS2 project into AS3 you have to first understand following difference. In AS2 there is no Sprite class and for this reason we have to use MovieClip class. In AS2 all properties are started with _. For example r_, rat_, monk_, was_. In AS3 there is no need to use "_" after each variable.
    We use 0 to 1 value in AS3 and in AS2 we use value 0 to 100. Just make these little changes in your new project.

You are getting such type of problem due to wrong code. You are tried to assign wrong information to array and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to use following code in your project to fix this problem.

Code:
    var state_sar:Arrays = [india, pakistan, etc*/]
    After this you will not get any problem.