Thread: Client Server Vs. Web-Based

Client Server Vs. Web-Based

Hi,

I am computer programmer and works as a front end programmer in my company. I have some confusion in my mind about Client Server and web-Based technology, Both have major approaches to dividing business computing problems across multiple computers. So how can i choose one from them. Please suggest.

Re: Client Server Vs. Web-Based

A computing server is any machine that provides information or services to client computers. A server machine is a high-performance host that is running one or more server programs which share its resources with clients.These computers are often stacked together in sets within specially designed, climate-controlled data centers.

A client computer at which a person sits and interacts through keyboard, monitor, mouse or similar interface. It fetch the data from a server machine. The client machine use is less critical than the server. A computing client is any machine that requests information or services from another. The command to configure a client machine to use a specific user class is

Code:
    ipconfig /setclassid "<Name of your Network card>" <Name of the class you created on DHCP and you want to join (Name is case sensitive)>

Web-based computing is like a cloud computing that abstracted from the users who no longer need knowledge. It is a method of client-server that uses Internet technologies to communicate between the client and server computers. Web-based software that runs on the client typically includes a web browser like internet explorer and Mozilla Firefox and may include Java, Java Script, VB Script, or ActiveX controls. If you need more information please reply.

Basically the software that runs in client side in Client Server is called "thick client," .The software that runs on the client is typically written in languages such as C/C++, Visual Basic, .Net or C#. The client/server model provides a convenient way to interconnect programs that are distributed efficiently across different locations. Most business applications being written today use the client/server model.

The best example of client- server model is that If you check your e-mail from your computer, a client program on your computer forwards your request to a server program at your Internet Service Provider . Once the server program has retrieved your e-mail, it forwards them to the client on your computer, which then allows you to read the e-mail. Best of luck for your project.

softtrick Guest

Web-Based reporting :
    This exactly mean there will be no direct connection between the End-user and the developer. All that is the developer develops the required things and he will uploads it to the protcetd Internet Access web servers (which are maintained by the clients) and the end-user can access the data through the web applications (means on web pages).

For ex :
    In Informatica 8.1, the jobs can be monitored on web applications.
    Cognos reporting tool.
    Client-Server technology : There will be direct access of data through a operating system.
    By the name itself, we can recognise this.