Thread: How to edit and compile shell scripts

How to edit and compile shell scripts

Hi
    Is there software for UNIX, with which to compile shell scripts to see if it works or not and can detect errors. A similar program like eclipse for java. I am not aware of such programs but I think there should be something like that. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to edit and compile shell scripts

Hi
    Is there software for UNIX, with which to compile shell scripts to see if it works or not and can detect errors.
    Shell scripts do "compile" step, But in order to assess script you can use emacs like software that evaluates parts of scripts. The evaluating a script goes through phases of testing. Any more information needed do post back.

Hi
    For editing, you have the choice: gedit, nano, vim, emacs ... (all of them support the syntax), there are plenty of other editors
    Browsing through the manual online bashdb, I came across a tip that gives the author, who is to customize PS4:
    Code:
    PS4 ='(${ BASH_SOURCE): $ (LINENO)) ($ funcname [0]) - [$ SHLVL (), $ (BASH_SUBSHELL), $?]
    It is at once a little clearer that the '+' above. For my part, I got color, and I made a script executable: Debugging.sh
    Code:
    PS4 = '\ [\ e [00; 36m \] [line: $ (LINENO) = $? - ($ funcn [0]: + func: ($ funcn [0]) - $ (BASH_SRC))] \ [\ e [00m \] - \ [\ e [00; 33m \] (SUBSHL: $ (BASH_SUBSH ) SHLVL: $ SHLVL ()) \ [\ e [00m \]'
    set-x
    I source in the script that I want 'debugger'. Otherwise, there geany editor Which can also write and execute scripts.

Hi
    Is there software for UNIX, with which to compile shell scripts to see if it works or not and can detect errors. A similar program like eclipse for java.
    I think there is a tool to "compile" a script, it is not true that compiles seen but it is not possible to protect its code if needed (long live opensource).

Hello.
    Shell scripts do "compile" step .
    Exactly, scripts are written in languages directly interpreted by the shell.
    If evaluating a script goes through phases of testing .
    I'll provide some clarification, since the author does not seem to be aware of how a script works.
    The script is interpreted by the shell (command interpreter), he must be given execute permissions (chmod + x example or chmod u + x example if you want the enforcement is possible only by the owning user).
    Then to run the script, it must be . / example.
    there is a tool to "compile" a script is not true that compiles seen but it is not possible to protect its code if needed (long live opensource)
    We can not talk about compiling but encryption IMHO. Hope this info helps you.