Thread: Joomla Session File Errors

Joomla Session File Errors

Good evening everyone,
    Here I am Creating a site with joomla but During testing i Got This Error messages:

Warning: session_start () [function.session-start]: open (/ mnt/101/sdb/b/9/manairatao/sessions/sess_de88dae58f5151fc0388cedfaef86295, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in / mnt/101 / sdb/b/9/manairatao/www/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 423

Warning: session_start () [function.session-start]: Can not send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at / mnt/101/sdb/b/9/manairatao/www/libraries/joomla/session/session.php : 423) in / mnt/101/sdb/b/9/manairatao/www/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 423

Warning: session_start () [function.session-start]: Can not send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at / mnt/101/sdb/b/9/manairatao/www/libraries/joomla/session/session.php : 423) in / mnt/101/sdb/b/9/manairatao/www/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 423

Warning: Can not modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at / mnt/101/sdb/b/9/manairatao/www/libraries/joomla/session/session.php: 423) in / mnt/101/sdb / b/9/manairatao/www/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 426

I created the session file and I have always this message what should I do? please Help Solve this Problem Thanks in Advance For your Replies
    Best regards

Re: Joomla Session File Errors

Hello, I Think these are just are warning. You can try disabling the warning

Try following:
    1. Open installation directory (that's placed in joomla root folder).
    2. Open index.php file and on top of code, paste following code error_reporting(0)
    3. You have to paste that code in index.php (joomla root file) and administrator/index.php (on top)

Note: If do so, select database as session variable to save (while installing).
    Good luck!

Hello , I Think is Not a Joomla issue. Your website hosting Service provider might have disabled the php function ini_set(). You will need to talk to them. hope it will be helpful

Hello , the "headers already sent error" means that you have something being outputted before the command you're trying to call (in this case, session_start().As the error message states, the output which caused headers to be sent was on line 1 of index.php. Eliminate or move the output from line 1 (be it an HTML tag, empty space/line, Unicode BOM marker, etc.) and that error message should go away.

idea Re: Joomla Session File Errors

While reading my php.ini file, I discovered the following...

; Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path
    ; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
    ; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
    session.save_path = /home/users/web/b1957/{my server}/public_html/cgi-bin/tmp

I did not have the folder cgi-bin/tmp so I created it in my root directory where Joomla was uploaded to and my Joomla installed.

Make sure you have the CGI-BIN in the /root directory where Joomla is going to be install.
    Actual path
    This work for me
    /cgi-bin/tmp
    Joomla 1.5

make sure your folder for your jooml and VM install does not include .com on it

use mydomain as the folder.. do not use mydomain.com

then make sure you use file namager's CODE EDIT to save your configuration.php file if you made any changes to it using word.. and uploaded it to the server.. that will get rid of all the nasty hidden codes... that should fix it...