Thread: WD TV Live component AV and HDMI

WD TV Live component AV and HDMI

I am thinking to get the WD TV Live unit and wish that it will be able to stream audio as of my computer to Hi-Fi stereo. The stereo is just having RCA plugs therefore I want to connect the WD with the stereo through the component AV connection. After that connect that WD unit with TV through the HDMI connection. I want to ask that if it will be possible to have both of these connections at the same time? Please reply if you are having any idea regarding this. Thank you!!!

Re: WD TV Live component AV and HDMI

I would like to tell you that there is no support for the component video with the The Live SMP. There are only two options that you are going to get with that and that is HDMI and composite.

At the rear of the unit, there is a HDMI 1.3a, optical output to connect the device to an external decoder and two jacks. These are designed to accommodate specific cables (supplied) allows one to go out in YUV, the other one goes for the low-definition TV. Two USB Host are also present and are used to connect USB and other external hard drives. One of these is taken at the rear of the unit, the other on his left side. It therefore lacks just a SDHC card reader. It is also possible to connect a USB Wi-Fi of your choice. Finally, a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network jack is also present.

The connection for this is complete with composite, component, optical and especially an HDMI 1.4. However, nothing is mentioned on the 3D support following the Blu-ray (MPEG-4 MVC). The presence of such a connection let us also assume that the device is based on an Intel Atom processor and not on a Sigma Designs decoder chip or Realtek.

Here are the features for this that I found on internet. You will not get anything additional than this.
    • Play network and Internet content
    • Full HD 1080p resolution and HDMI 1.3, composite and component video output
    • Play videos, music and photos from the Internet on your TV
    • Play a wide variety of file formats