Thread: How to pair Plantronics Discovery 975 with two devices

How to pair Plantronics Discovery 975 with two devices

I have recently bought Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth headsets and I have Dell laptop and Nokia N8 mobile phone and i want tio pair my Bluetooth headsets with both. I don’t know how to do this. if anyone have any idea regarding this then please let me know.

Re: How to pair Plantronics Discovery 975 with two devices

I have referred your problem and I want to I want to tell you that it is possible to pair the two devices with your Plantronics Discovery 975. you have can find the steps in the user guide of your Bluetooth headsets and follow the instructions.

To pair the Plantronics Discovery 975 with two devices you have to follow these steps. First you have to turn on the phone multipoint feature on your Bluetooth headsets and after turning on the feature you have to pair both the device and after paring the device you will be able to use the Bluetooth headsets without facing any problems.

To turn on the multipoint feature for your Plantronics Discovery 975 you have to follow these steps.

First turn off the Plantronics Discovery 975 device and after that you have to press and hold the call button and volume button together and wait till headset turns on and indicator flashes white 2 times. now after that you have to pair your headset with second phone and after paring the headsets with other phone you will not get any difficulty.

I have notice that many users are having difficulty with while calling from Plantronics Discovery 975 bluetooth using second device and that is why I would like to tell you that whenever you want to make call from second device using Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth at that time you have to use the controls of the second device itself not the controls of the Bluetooth.

I was also having the same problem and after that I have also tried above mentioned steps to pair my second device and after doing those steps all the things were started working normally. I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

I have read your solution regarding paring two device with Plantronics Discovery 975 and after that I have followed the steps. now I am having problem while connecting the Bluetooth with my Dell laptop. I can pair my device with other laptop and my phone but same thing does not happen with my Dell laptop.

What should I do to solve this issue?

Have you tried any other Bluetooth device with your Dell laptop? if you have not tried then you have to try to pair any other device with your Dell laptop and after that see what happens. if same problem come after that then problem is with your Dell laptop.

I have read your problem and i would like to tell you that you have to try to solve this problem by turning off the Firewall and antivirus in your laptop. I am telling you this because many times because of the Firewall and antivirus also this type problem can take place. first you have to disable the Firewall and Antivirus in your Dell laptop and after that try to connect the Plantronics Discovery 975 device . Try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

It looks like there might be problem with the Bluetooth application in your Dell laptop and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to first uninstall the Bluetooth application from your Dell laptop and after uninstalling the Bluetooth application from your Dell laptop you have to restart the Dell laptop and then you have to insert the drivers CD in your laptop and after inserting the CD you have to install the Bluetooth application in your laptop and after installing the Bluetooth application in your Dell laptop you have to restart the laptop again if it prompts for restart. now you have to try to connect the Plantronics Discovery 975 device with your laptop again and after that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

I hope after reinstalling the Bluetooth application in your Dell laptop you will be able to use the Bluetooth. if you need any more help then let me know.

Well if you have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Bluetooth application in your Dell laptop then you have to go to the Dell web site and find the update for the Blue tooth drivers and application and download it and install it.

after looking at your solutions I have reinstalled Bluetooth drivers and applications in my Dell laptop and after that when i have tried to connect the Plantronics Discovery 975 with my laptop at that time I didn’t get any issue. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate your help.