Thread: after updating the BIOS in hp pavilion dv6 USB ports has stopped working

after updating the BIOS in hp pavilion dv6 USB ports has stopped working

I have hp pavilion dv6 laptop and I have windows vista operating system in my laptop recently I was prompted to do BIOS update in my laptop by HP adviser and I have done the BIOS update in my laptop and after doing the BIOS update in my laptop when I start the laptop at that time I find that my USB ports has stopped working. Please tell me what should I do to fix this issue?

Re: after updating the BIOS in hp pavilion dv6 USB ports has stopped working

Well have to check every USB ports in your laptop and this problem is coming with all the UPB ports or any single USB ports? If you are using USB hub then remove it and after that try to check whether it makes any difference or not?

Well according to me you have first click on the start menu and after that you have to right click on my computer and after that you have to click on the properties and then you have to start the device manager in your laptop. Now after that you have to right click on every USB port and then click on the uninstall option and after uninstalling the USB drivers you have to click on the hardware changes option and it will reinstall the USB drivers again. Now after reinstalling the of USB drivers gets completed you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. According to me you should try this solution and after that let me know what the situation is.

If you need any more help then please let me know.

I would like to tell you that you have to run the recovery manager in HP laptop and after that you have to check whether you are getting the option for the USB ports in the list or not. If you are getting the USB ports in the option then you have to try to recover it and then your problem might get solve or not.

If problem still remains after trying above solution in your laptop then you have to restart the laptop and then continuously press the F8 button and then you have to select the "last known good configuration". Now after selecting the "last known good configuration" option you have to check whether it helps you or not. Many times by trying "last known good configuration" also this type of problem can gets resolved. I think you should try this solution.

if none of the solution worked for and you are having the same difficulty with your laptop then you have to solve this issue by doing the system restore and after doing that your laptop will comes back on the factory setting. you have to first take the backup of all the data before you do the restore in your laptop. I think it will help you to solve this problem.