Thread: how to upgrade vista to windows 7 on HP Compaq 6720s laptop

how to upgrade vista to windows 7 on HP Compaq 6720s laptop

I am having HP comapq 6720s laptop. Its working absolutely fine and smooth without any problem. at that time of purchasing I got windows vista operating system on laptop. this operating system is also compatible with this but as I know windows 7 is more better than windows vista so I planning to upgrade my operating system vista to windows 7 but I read in many article that it is more difficult to upgrade to windows 7 is that true? What should I do for upgradation?

re: how to upgrade vista to windows 7 on HP Compaq 6720s laptop

When I try to upgrade my windows vista 32 bit operating system to windows 7 (32 bit),I faced some problem during installation ,at one place my system reboot and system encountered error that windows 7 installation is unsuccessful and my old operating systems files restore then I search on internet then come to know that up gradation to windows 7 operating system is depending upon the hardware configuration and edition of windows vista and edition of the windows 7 operating.

I suggest you HP 6720s will work on windows 7 successfully without any error, but some time you may get failed during installation it is just because of drivers.i think you are are searching of drivers for laptop 6720 for windows 7 but until now HP did not launched drivers for windows 7 of 6720 but I read in somewhere that hp 6710 laptop drivers are suitable for the 6720 so just try ,and get your luck.

Thanks to all for reply,I definitely try your solution, but I am very confusing in backup ,does anyone knows if I lose back up disk which have been made with vista which I have made for my 6720 if I update to windows 7?how can I successfully overcome the problem of endless booting of the system during installation windows 7,any one knows any information then please reply me.

Those disk are made can be restore back to same setting it had when you first it. Somewhere it is also useful in so much that if you wanted to sell the system. If you decide to upgrade to windows 7 then you would be wise to make new copy of your hard disk using acronis.
    Take one hard disk and then partition them and then create clone of one data and insert it into one partition. Then do the up gradation process I another partition

To overcome the problem of endless looping of reboot I will suggest you some solution:-
    First boot your machine with windows 7 cd>click on repair your computer >choose the operating system which you want to repaired>you will see “windows 7 and D:\ drive” >click on next yoy will see recovery tools>then open command prompt>type command “cd c:\users”>then type “dir/s/p”>then see for word too long where you get this word then type move type temporary path address >. Right click on each folder one by one and choose "Properties".>if any folder location is not correct click on :restore default” and repeats>all folders have been corrected and reboot the system.

l33t Re: how to upgrade vista to windows 7 on HP Compaq 6720s laptop

i got d solution, first back up ure documents, files and everything you want on your computer into a safe place e.g flash drive or external hard disk, after you have don that, you need to get a licensed windows 7, reformat ure system and install fresh copy of windows 7, dont be scared, it will automatically install the drivers,not all but almost all, but its known that vista drivers on the computer can work on windows 7, well i tried it and it worked.... so thats gonna solve the problem... trust me... try ok...