Thread: Wifi connection failed on Aspire 5102 laptop after Windows Vista upgrade

Wifi connection failed on Aspire 5102 laptop after Windows Vista upgrade

I hope that I am posting my query at the right place. My uncle owns a new Acer Aspire 5102 laptop. He came to our house and tried to connect to the home wifi. But it failed. The laptop is new with Vista in it. The connection failed. Later on somehow I was managed to connect but the Wifi drops after every 30 minutes. It is a bit annoying. There are some application used for backup. Some files are directly uploaded on the web and this thing is causing backup failure. While another computer at home that has Windows XP is not having this problem. It is just working fine.

Update the system drivers and then check back again. There is a driver issue due to which the connection is dropping. You will need to arrange fresh drivers for the same and then the connection will be restored. You can find the driver from the official website. It is recommended that you must overwrite the existing drivers just running the setup and if still the problem is not solved then try to change your router security settings. Put in on a public mode and see whether that Vista laptop is connected or not. If still it does not work then you will need to carry that to the repair center. There is a hardware failure in the system.

Go in Device manager and then check the wifi device. Is there any warning sign on it. A yellow exclamation mark or any red mark. Right click on that and choose properties. In the window see the device status. Is there any error mentioned over there. You must check the drivers first and if that does not work then try to test the same internet connection through cable connectivity. You can hook a ethernet cable to the laptop and connect the same to the router. Then see whether the net is working fine or not. If it is working then the problem lies with the wifi. You will need to find a replacement for the same.

re: Wifi connection failed on Aspire 5102 laptop after Windows Vista upgrade

I already install the driver, but wireless can not be used.
    Prolink wg2000/r

re: Wifi connection failed on Aspire 5102 laptop after Windows Vista upgrade

First thing that i will advise you is to check whether the Modem of your is compatible with the Windows Vista or not. Have you installed the compatible driver for the Windows Vista. I will advise you to go with the below given link which is having the solution for the same.
    Solution to fix Wi-Fi problem on Windows Vista