Thread: Can I upgrade my Mobile OS?

Can I upgrade my Mobile OS?

Hi all, I am big fan of the blackberry and all members in my family are having the same brand and that is blackberry. I am posting the thread over here so that I will get the answer that how the OS on my phone can be updated. I do not have any idea about that but I want to do that. I have not done it before and that is the reason that I need step by step way to do that. So if you know that how can this be performed then please let me know that. Thank you so much for your reply in advance.

Re: Can I upgrade my Mobile OS?

It is very easy to do that. You just have to follow the steps that are given below and I am sure that you will be able to do that without any problem.
    1. First of all, you will have to download the Desktop Manager and install that to your computer.
    2. After that you will have to select new OS that you want to use and install that in your computer.
    3. Once you are done with this then you will have to do the complete backup for your present device.
    4. Now delete vendor.xml file that is there in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    5. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager.
    6. Choose Application Loader.
    7. Now you will be asked to upgrade and you will just have to follow the onscreen instruction for that.

There are many points that you will have to consider before you start updating the blackberry. And here are those points:
    • Before you upgrade your device, make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager (desktop software) installed on your PC. You have to get the latest version of Desktop Manager. Right now the newest version of the Desktop Manager is 4.7
    • I would like to strongly recommend backing up before starting the process, including double-backed in various formats (e.g. hard disk of your PC and one external), It would be better for you to be safe than sorry.
    • Before updating your BlackBerry, make sure the firmware you are installing is more current than the one you have installed on your BlackBerry. To determine which version you have installed on your device just go to Options > About. The number refers to the version of firmware and is that you must set.

Please note that we are talking about an official firmware provided by your operator, in the case of a Beta firmware downloaded from the network of sites then the process is the same but there can be some changes in that. Once the download is complete we you identify the new firmware on your desktop or the folder that you have chosen to download the file. Now is the time to run the file, so double click on the icon and follow the directions that you are appearing on the screen and click Run. Now click on next button. Select your country. Accept terms and conditions. At this point it is recommended that you reboot your PC, thus avoiding a posteriori errors. I hope that this will assist you in the right direction to the same.

Of course, the main key is to update not only highly recommended but it is also important because almost without exception makes his teammates better, the same as with the PC, the updates include security fixes, optimizations that free disk space and RAM, fix bugs and issues like that, in most cases also add features or new applications. Furthermore, they can upgrade directly from the phone, this is available in newer computers (typically, including touch screen). ). You have to dial * # 0000 # on your phone, and application request is loaded (via Options) to be determined if there are updates or new versions of some programs provided by Nokia. You may also be ordered to be set if any new developments on a regular basis.. Obviously this is done with an Internet connection. If it kills anxiety to know if an update for your phone, and have no connection to the Internet on mobile, Ovi Suite or near, can know entering site Nokia (will have to shut down the computer to see the code product hidden behind the battery.)