Thread: IM clients for Nokia N8

IM clients for Nokia N8

I spend most of the time chatting with friends by the use of some popular IM clients like GTalk and Yahoo messenger when I am free. Now recently I have bought the N8 for my personal intention. I need to use this instant messaging service in my mobile phone. Is it is possible to download those IM clients to N8? How can I do and install it? I didn’t get any settings for it yet. When I concerned about Nokia it says that those service are not available. I am really frustrated right now. Now I assume that I shouldn’t have bought this N8. Is there any kind of torch light feature included in N8? If it is there, then tell me how to activate it?

Re: IM clients for Nokia N8

As far as I know there are no apps for N8 either from Google or Yahoo. That means there are no genuine apps from the both the giants. But as far as I know Google Talk is supported by many IM clients. I know one popular IM client called as E-buddy. It is the most popular app for Nokia phones which you can get in ovI store. By using this app you can chat on MSN, Facebook, Yahoo messenger, GTalk (Orkut), AIM, MySpace and ICQ etc etc…. As far as the torch feature you are telling about there are no such kind of capability in N8.

The IM clients which you are talking or expecting about are still lacking in all Nokia phones. I don’t know why the developer didn’t come through this idea yet. It seems to me that there is lot of misconception between Nokia and Google/Yahoo. Due to this reason Nokia is still behind as a view of the IM usage. Now I think all the Nokia customers have only option, to go for any third party IM clients which partially support the Gtalk/Ymessenger. For Torch light you may use camera flash but I have doubt that the flash will not steady like standby. That’s the main problem.

For all your issue you should search into the OVI store. It is the one place in which you will get the answer or app for most of your needs. There are lots of IM clients in OVI supports either Gtalk or yahoo messenger or both. Some of them are free to download. If you want more functionality with those IM clients other than just Chat then I think you need to pay there. For torch light there is only one option. Use your AMOLED screen. It is a very bright screen. You may get some setup to remain the light steady as far as possible.

I didn’t find any original IM client for N8 or any other Nokia phones either from Google or Yahoo. I think that it is still not developed yet. If you wish you can download the third party IM clients. I don’t know how good they will work on N8. For torch issue I found one good app from OVi store called PhoneTorch Screen Edition. It is the ideal flashlight intended for mobiles devoid of a LED flash. It ropes Morse Codes, intensity control, switching light on/off by way of camera button, autostart, in addition to dissimilar display colors.