Thread: How can I put iPod Touch 3G in DFU mode?

How can I put iPod Touch 3G in DFU mode?

I have iPod touch here with me and the scene here is that I cannot put it in the DFU mode at all. Well the thing here is such that I want to know if there is at all a way by which I can have this done. I want to have this iPod Touch to be Jailbreak and please if there is something with which you can help I will be really happy. I have this iPod 3G and the thing with this phone is that I have the official 4.1 on it; but I really cannot have the way by which I can get this. I tried all the solution that I can on the Internet but that is really not helping me here. Please will wait for the suggestions to come up here in my way. Is there something that I will have to make use of the third party or is there really a way by which I can have this in my pocket.

Re: How can I put iPod Touch 3G in DFU mode?

I am of the opinion that you are not doing the things in the proper manner or else you might have got the thing to work in your case and that too without any issues here. Let me put you on a quick tutorial and see if that can really help you in your case. There are few steps just follow them and see if you can be out with the issue:
    • On the very first note see if you have the latest iTunes downloaded here.
    • Launch the iTunes and plug in iPod to the USB port of the SYSTEM
    • Once the connection is established you will be required to press the Home button and the Power button of iPod Touch till the screen there goes BLACK.
    • Then you can release the Power button but you will have to press the Home button there.
    • After this if the speakers of the System are working fine then after few seconds you will be able to hear a sound that is heard once a new hardware is detected.
    • If you are able to hear that then iTunes will recognize iPod Touch of yours in the DFU mode.
    • Once you are done with this you can release the Home button as well.

Well these were the steps that you are required to follow.

First let me tell you what is the DFU mode here. DFU is the acronym for Device Firmware Update. It is really made in use if Recovery Mode does not go in the manner that you actually want here to work with. Well see for these steps and just see iPod getting in the DFU mode. First of all open up the iTunes and then connect the device of your Mac. At the very same moment you will be required to press the Home button and the Sleep Button. After you feel like that ten seconds are over you will be required to release only the Sleep button and then when you get up a message saying that iPod is detected in DFU mode then you can release the Home button as well. After that the screen of iPod will simply look BLACK.

Thanks a lot for the instructions that you all have given here but the thing is that I have seen that in my case the device of mine i.e. iPod Touch just goes in the Recovery mode and there is nothing that I can do with the steps. I have looked at the steps number of times and in addition to that I have tried to follow the steps as well on multiple occasions till I have seen that I can not have this working in favor. Well I am sure that I have tried to follow each and everything that you have mentioned here but I cannot get iPod of mine to go in the DFU mode here. I will be really grateful if you all here can come up with some sort of solution in this case as well. Please let me know if there is something that I am missing on here.

To the author; let me tell you that you should not think of the third party application at all when you are using the products made by Apple. Well there are really less chances of getting success once you get Third Part application in the picture. For the thing that you have come here let me tell you that you can have all the accessories for it within Apple itself. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
    • Connect the iPod of yours to the computer and then launch iTunes
    • After that you will be required to press the Power Button for about two seconds
    • After this you will be required to hold down the Power Button and the Home Button simultaneously
    • After the completion of the 10th second you will see that iPod of yours get listed in the DFU mode.
    • Please release both the buttons.
    • Once you are in the DFU mode you can restore iPod of yours to
    the previous firmware by pressing the SHIFT and clicking on RESTORE.
    Try these steps and let me know if the iPod of yours goes in the DFU mode.

You must have seriously missed on some of the steps here and let me tell you that why you are not getting in the DFU mode and you are getting stuck in the Recovery Mode here. As soon as iTunes recognize iPod Touch you are required to release the Home Button and I am of the opinion that you might be releasing it a bit late. As a result of this iPod is not going in the DFU mode but it is going in the Recovery Mode. See if you can get this corrected and I am of the opinion that you will succeed this time. Also I would like to tell if you are getting trouble with the current version of the update that you have installed then I am of the opinion that Resetting the device will be best option that can be deployed here.