Thread: Dell 3000cn: Printing causes white dots

Dell 3000cn: Printing causes white dots

Hello friends, I had purchased this Dell 3000cn printer few months ago and I was able to print very good sheets using this printer. But yesterday when I clicked on the command button to print the photo I got some unusual white dots on the sheet. I have refilled my cartridges just a few days so the problem of less or no ink is not possible. To be precise, I again gave the print command to see if it happens again but again the same problem. Can any one help me to know how can I be able to solve this problem. I am waiting for printing so many document.

Re: Dell 3000cn: Printing causes white dots

Hey which kind of picture are you trying to print. If you are printing the color picture and so then you are getting the white spots, so I request you to print a black and white photo and see if the spots are coming again or not. If you are getting the spot again there could the problem of the lens. The lens might have got affected and that is why you are getting this problem. For this to get solved you have to give the printer to the shop to get the lens proper

Hey what you can do is to remove the cartridges and take a piece of cloth and slightly rub against the cartridges where the ink comes out to remove some ink that might have got stuck on it. Also, you can do the same thing against the printer lens with the piece of cloth. During this you have to make sure that you don't get your hand in contact with the lens either with your printer lens or the cartridges to make the matter more worse.

I think that whenever we refill the cartridges the actual reliability of the cartridges gets compromised. While refilling the cartridges lens directly comes in contact with the hand and so that is why this kind of problem will occur. So I think that instead of refilling the cartridges I would suggest you to buy a new one to make the printer work well as before.

Hey I would want to ask you that when was the last time did you printed the paper using this printer. If you are printing it after along time then I guess that the cartridges ink would have got dry so that could be the reason for your problem with the printing. Try removing the cartridges from the printer and shake it, do this for sometime and the again insert the cartridges into the printer. After that print the copy of the picture again and see if it solves the problem.

Hey I was also facing the same problem with my Hp printer giving black dots on the sheet whenever I try to print any picture. Changing the cartridges didn’t worked for me. Eventually I had to give the printer to the shop for repair. They told that it was a laser error inside the printer which was causing this problem. After the repair it is working absolutely fine with no problems at all. You should also do the same to be safe and avoiding any further problem.