Thread: Acer Aspire 5738z - WLAN disappeared

Acer Aspire 5738z - WLAN disappeared

I got a acer aspire one for Christmas. Everything going well until the wireless icon disappeared and the manager does not want to open connections . I tried everything but its not working so i want to help from your side. It impossible to change WLAN offline and no wireless network detected - " Connected " is not highlighted , and impossible to change this mode. In the device manager , network card there as ethernet, not wifi . Please suggest.

Re: Acer Aspire 5738z - WLAN disappeared

You need to install WLAN + Broadcom_v4.150.22.0_Vistax32x64.zip. If necessary forces to install the driver manually like this:#
    # In the Device Manager Right-click on the line : BCM4311 802.11b / g WLAN and select Update Driver .
    # Tick Install from a list or specific location (Advanced ) / Do not rechercher.Je will choose the driver to install .
    # Click Have Disk / Parcourrir .
    # Select File bcmwl6.inf then click Open .
    # Click OK , Next and Finish.

You need to select your wireless network adapter , for my part it is a " Broadcom " (apparently there is also Intel and " ATHEROS "if you are unsure of your network card, I suggest you install the software " everest "in order to know the brand ) o for me I clicked on : "Wireless Lan Driver Broadcom 802bg Ver4.2.2.7 " (to date of 10/12/2009) Then download and install the file that you moved, Restart !

The steps below will help determine if your wireless network card works well.
    You need to follow each step of de troubleshooting . If the NIC is working properly , please check your settings network configurations . Acer America can help with network configuration . Before you begin:
    * Make sure you have a network router or wireless access network Wireless
    * Make sure the router / access point is connected
    * Refer manual job to make sure the network adapter Wireless is turned on (you can bind the network card or disengage it by pressing the button clear).
    * Contact your company Internet to ensure compatibility with an active account configuration .

In Network Connections , right-click the wireless connection and select "Choose a wireless network ". If you have a secure wireless network connection please refer to the instruction manual of your wireless router to remove the security so you can test your wireless network connection .Acer America does not recommend leaving your connection insecure and is not responsible for data connections through wireless networks insecure . If the wireless network connection is displayed, the wireless network adapter is working properly.