Thread: Dell Xps M1710 Overheating

Dell Xps M1710 Overheating

Hello, I am having the Dell Studio XPS M1710 and when I have purchased that, at that time I was getting the problem of the Overheating. So, I simply call to the Dell support for the solution and then they replace the fan and the Heat sink from my laptop and then the problem gets solved. But, now I am getting the same problem. If you are having any solution for that then please provide that to me.

Re: Dell Xps M1710 Overheating

Hello, from my experience I come to know that if you want to solve the problem then you must need to update your BIOS and get solved for your problem. It will simply solve your problem. So, simply do that and you will not get the problem of the overheating. You must need to simply update the BIOS and get solved for your problem. It will simply solve your problem. It is needed to restart the Laptop after updating the BIOS.

Hello, you must need to check the applications which you are using for your purpose. It may be possible that you are using the application which is not getting the complete system requirement, then you must need to make use of the either updating the system or you must need to remove that application from the laptop. So, that you will able to get the solution for your problem.

Hello, I would suggest you to again use the new Heat Sink on your laptop and also replace the fan from your laptop. It will simply solve your problem. It is just needed to make use of the new heat sink as due to that the temperature of the processor will be kept minimum. So, you just need to make use of the heat sink which will have the good quality and then by using of that you will able to get the solution for your problem.

Hello, I am also getting the same problem with my laptop. And whenever the overheating problem arises, it simply get stuck and due to which I need to restart it again each time. So, if you are having any solution for that, then please provide that to me. I have tried to use different types of solutions for my laptop and not a single from that work for me. So, if you are having any solution then please provide that to me.

Use the following different solutions for your purpose:
    • First you need to clean your fan and heatsink for your processor.
    • After that you must need to use of the updated driver. Simply search for the updated driver for your laptop.
    • Then you need to update your BIOS.
    • After that you need to check whether the any of the application is using more CPU or RAM.