Thread: How to activate unlocked Blackberry storm

How to activate unlocked Blackberry storm

Recntly i purchased a new blackberry storm which was advertized as unlocked. I have never activated the blackberry storm. This is the first time i am using it , I was informed by the seller that you can simply popin the sim card and use it. Now i realized that it is not as easy as told by the seller. please help me in activating unlocked blackberry storm. Whenever i insert the sim card the activation sign goes away.

Re: How to activate unlocked Blackberry storm

Firstly i would recommend you not to buy such expensive product from other than the authorized dealer or from any other source. What do you mean to say by unlocked blackberry device as far as i know you can use the blackberry device with the service provider from which you purchased your device.

In order to help you i would like to know what you actually want to do with your device. Tell me if you actually want to subscribe to a new service provider if you are not happy with the current one and also try to name both service provider. After knowing this i can tell you whether you can achieve it or not.

Thanks friends i mean to say that i would like to that my blackberry phone was purchased from the verizon and it is unlocked now but i want to use it now with the T-mobile services because i really do not like the services offered by the verizon. so tell me how can i activate my t mobile sim card in the blackberry storm.

Since the blackberry storm is a global phone it will work on all sort of CDMA as well as GSM networks. Since you have unlocked the phone you need to insert the phone and then go to the manage Connections option select "mobile Network Options" and Change "network Technology to GSM and "network mode" to 3g & 2G. This will activate the phone

If you want to use the same device with the blackberry storm you need to call the t mobile customer service and ask them how to go about it i think that they will guide you in this matter. If this does not solve the problem then rush from where you purchased the blackberry storm. hopefully you will resolve this issue.