Thread: Not able to use MMS service on iPhone 3GS

Not able to use MMS service on iPhone 3GS

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you all for my this small query. I bought a iPhone 3GS with the At&T agreement. It is working fine accept the one, MMS. I am not able to send or receive MMS on my iPhone device.

Do you guys have any idea why is it happening so ? Please let me know the troubleshooting process if i can do it manually ? I appreciate all your help.

Re: Not able to use MMS service on iPhone 3GS

I am not able to get what might be the exact problem but i have here some of the troubleshoot you can try to fix it out. Just go through this:-

• Verify that you have met all of the system requirements for MMS, including installing any carrier-setting updates.

• System requirements you need for MMS on iPhone are:
      • iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS. The original iPhone does not support sending or receiving MMS messages.
      • iPhone OS 3.1 or later.
      • A wireless carrier that supports MMS.
      • A coverage area in which you can place and receive a call and access the Internet using Safari on your iPhone (3G network coverage recommended).

• If you don't see MMS Messaging, you may need to install a carrier-settings update. Connect your iPhone to iTunes to do so, if there is no carrier-settings update available in iTunes when you connect your iPhone, check with your carrier to confirm that it supports MMS.

AT&T MMS requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later and a carrier-settings update. Use these steps to update your iPhone to the latest iPhone OS and carrier settings:-

1. Make sure that you have a working Internet connection on your computer and that you are using iTunes 8.2 or later.
    2. Connect iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
    3. Select your iPhone in the Devices list and click "Check for Update".
      • Update to iPhone OS 3.1 or later if prompted to do so.
    4. Click "Download and Update" when prompted.
    5. When the update is complete, On your iPhone, open Messages. You should see the camera icon to the left of the text field.

• If you do not see the camera icon, restart your iPhone, than:
      • Hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the power button to turn it back on.
      • After iPhone restarts, open Messages to check for the camera icon.

Try sending only a text message with no video, photos, or voice memos, or have the sender do the same to your full number, including area code.
    • If you cannot send or receive just a text message, verify that the sender is using the correct phone number. This should be the receipient's full phone number, including area code.
    • If you can send or receive just a text message, contact your carrier to confirm your wireless account is provisioned for MMS.

Customers who are sent a MMS message and own a non-MMS capable device will receive a text message instead of an actual MMS message. The text message will contain the website address of viewmymessage.com/1 or viewmymessage.com/2 as well as a username and password. In order to view the MMS message, please access the website from a computer and enter the username and password provided in the text message.