Thread: iPhone 3G No Service Problem

iPhone 3G No Service Problem

Its really a annoying part since i having my iPhone 3G with 2.2 firmware . Since last 6 months i was getting "No service" indication message on my iPhone's screen once or twice a month. But from last 2 days, its totally stucked on the same.

I tried to change the simcard but still the same problem. Does this occurred because of jailbreaking ? How can i fix it ? Please help me out of this. Thanks in advance.

Re: iPhone 3G No Service Problem

No, its not because of jailbreak. I have seen this problem with many iphone which are not done Jailbreak. Most probably this occurs due to the flight mode. Try to switching it on and off from flight mode coz many times it helps to fix this problem. Do let me know the results.

Hope it'll fix. Or you will need to take it to the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Most probably this occurs due to the flight mode. Try to switching it on and off from flight mode coz many times it helps to fix this problem.
    I am having the same problem with my iPhone 3G. As you said, i have tried many times switching on and off flight mode but no results. I also did the hard reset and reset the network settings as well but still the problem exists.

What else can i try to get rid of this annoying problem

Well, i think i was the luckiest to get rid of this "No service" message. I was facing the same problem on my iPhone 3G that i had updated few days back. After upgrading the device, i started getting this bug so what i did is i downgraded to the previous firmware, i.e. from 2.2 to 2.1 and the problem disappeared. Try to follow this tip. Not sure but it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sabin View Post
    i downgraded to the previous firmware, i.e. from 2.2 to 2.1 and the problem disappeared. Try to follow this tip. Not sure but it worked for me.
    Really very few lucky people are there to get out of this error, i guess. Thanks for sharing this useful tip mate. What else you can do is go AT&T store and ask them to repair. I have done this once, where ATT switched the SIM card and signal came back . Also they informed to visit Apple for a new phone if the problem occurs again.

I have four months now with the Iphone and never had this problem until three days ago to get to my home was when I noticed that in wanting to make a call I could not and could not receive, only after a couple hours of trying everything, I noticed that turning had 3G service. But he had not previously had any problems.

"You need to rest the phone without 3G. Just try this before trying the next steps.First go to Settings, tap on General than Network. Now Disable the 3G. Once done, now restore the iPhone. For more help to reset the device, go through these threads:
    How do you reset all the setting in the iphone 3g
    How to Restore an iPhone ?