Thread: My Ipod won't turn on

My Ipod won't turn on

Hi,

I have a silver 8GB iPod Nano, and this morning it was working and it turned on, but just now I flicked the 'lock' switch to turn it on and it will not. and when the lock is off and I press any buttons it still does go on. I'm really confused. I've tried resetting it but didn't helped

Re: My Ipod won't turn on

If the iPod will not turn at all, then the battery may be drained (depleted). in this case, your computer can not load it. you need the Apple wall charger to boost it. If you do not have the apple wall charger, I recommend using multiple ion hub charger.
    1. never drain (deplete) the battery of the iPod very often
    2. always use an external charger (apple or ionhub) to charge your iPod instead of computer USB

Make sure the Hold switch is off
    1. Check to see if the Hold switch is on. It's located on the top or the bottom of iPod. When it's in the on position, you'll see an orange patch.
    2. To turn the hold switch off, slide it until you no longer see the orange patch.
    3. Press any button to turn on iPod.

Make sure the battery is charged, iPod won't turn on if the battery is empty. Instead, a low battery screen appears for about 3 seconds when you try to turn it on.

To charge your iPod, connect your iPod to your computer's built-in 6-pin FireWire or high-powered USB port or connect it to the Apple iPod Power Adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet. Note: iPod models without a Click Wheel cannot be charged via USB. iPod shuffle requires a high-power USB port to charge. iPod nano and iPod (5th generation) can charge via USB or FireWire, but they require USB to sync with iTunes.