Thread: How to clean the heatsink on toshiba satellite p105-s921

How to clean the heatsink on toshiba satellite p105-s921

I have toshiba satellite p105-s921, After being work on for about 20 minutes the touchpad is so hot it burns my fingers, It stayed cool for a while. Everything ran smoothly, and gaming had high frame rates all around. Last week, though, the heat problem came back. I once again tried cleaning, but this time it did not work. The left side of the laptop is now perpetually warm, not warm enough to burn, but warm enough to be uncomfortable to have on my lap even if I am word processing.

Re: How to clean the heatsink on toshiba satellite p105-s921

A clogged heatsink cannot dissolve the heat fast enough and the laptop shuts down to protect the CPU. The problem is that the computer is going very hot when is hot in the place. At the technical support they told me that they need to clean the heat dissipator, that is in the back of the computer. In some cases the overheating problem occurs because the CPU thermal grease dried out and cannot properly conduct the heat from the laptop processor to the heatsink. To fix a laptop overheating problem clean the heatsink and the CPU fans first.

The problem is that the computer is going very hot when is hot in the place. A clogged heatsink cannot dissolve the heat fast enough and the laptop shuts down to protect the CPU. At the technical support they told me that they need to clean the heat dissipator, that is in the back of the computer. In some cases the overheating problem occurs because the CPU thermal grease dried out and cannot properly conduct the heat from the laptop processor to the heatsink.

If dust is blocking the air inlet and outlet and/or the heat sink, your computer may overheat. Be very careful when you remove the heatsink from the CPU. Very often the heatsink comes out with CPU attached to it. Symptoms of overheating include very hot air coming out of the outlets, an unusually hot base, or the computer suddenly shutting off for no apparent reason. If your computer doesn't have a low enough setting for automatic shutoff due to overheating, the components inside may be damaged.